News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Abbotsford Wisconsin 5-14-15,2016

Started by martin, May 16, 2016, 08:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

When we got up Saturday morning for the long drive to the Abbotsford Sportsmans Club, I never dreamed we would be driving in snow and sleet this time of year. Of course it didn't quit until later in the day but that did not hamper the 11 patriots that persevered through that snowy and cold Saturday. Sunday warmed up and the results were 3 new Rifleman.
Congratulations to                                     
                                                              Phil    212
                                                              Dave  211
                                                              Ron    211

Thanks to the Abbotsford Sportsmans Club for partnering with us and for the cover on the line.
Special thanks to our instructors,,RustyRed, Sightwolf, and Kholin. Well done!
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Taylor

Congratulations new Riflemen  O0 and a well done to all  :bow:!

Thank you for all that you do Martin and Rusty Red!  O0 :bow:
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

DrRichP

Great job Martin, RustyRed, Sightwolf, and Kholin. I'm glad to read despite the poor weather participants braved the elements to hear about our history and learn the marksmanship that adds to our rich heritage. Well done to all!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Kholin

Great work to everyone who attended!  And Congratulations to the new Riflemen!  O0

:---

Images attached, more to come

Kholin/Gary
---
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The Way of Kings, Brandon Sanderson

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."― Tom Paine

"We must be willing to pay a price for freedom." -H.L. Mencken

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." -H.L. Mencken

Sightwolf

A leisurely 133 mile drive into the jaws of a morning most likely very similar to April 19, 1775.  But the joy of dealing with those who braved the elements without complaint and displayed an unbelievable amount of teachable attitude made the trip well worth while.  Working with both long time and first time shooters was both fun and challenging. Relating to those with physical challenges brings out that extra little something that makes you work a little harder to help them succeed.  Congrats to Ron! A new Dangerous Old Man (with a WinterSeed patch!)  O0

Congrats to Phil as well for shooting Rifleman and just as importantly,  for sharing the experience with his children, who persevered and came close. Next time?!

And Dave. No quit in you either. Congratulations to you as well!

Breathe in, breathe out, squeeze! ;)
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it!"
"I don't get mad, I get more than even!"
"A closed mouth gathers no feet, fists or hand grenades."

Sis

I am so glad I made the trip to this amazing Appleseed with my partner in crime - Scattershot Sarah!  We had a great time, but living so far away and leaving early kept us from congratulating Phil, Dave, and Ron!  (I told you you'd get Rifleman Ron!!). I think one of the best things a green, red, blue, or orange hat can do is travel a bit and enjoy Appleseeds far and wide.  Thank you to Martin, Rusty Red and Kholin for throwing a great event!  We had a great time putting lead through paper!
"If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten."
― Rudyard Kipling, The Collected Works

"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. "
― Michael Crichton

RustyRed

Had a great time with a great group of patriots,it was a cold Saturday with snow,sleet wind that blew though ya! But the kids did great an so did the adults,we will see them real soon for the ones that didn't get there patch,but for the ones that got there patch they know there is more to go!!
Thanks for coming and enjoying a great couple of days shooting :--- :---

Sightwolf

It's five days later and in the 70s finally over here on the Bay, but my feet are still cold ::) Between Sis and her friend and Martin & Rusty Red traveling from the Southeast and Northwest respectively and little old me coming from almost due East, we almost had Abbotsford surrounded! The wealth of experience and different outlooks contributed greatly to the success of the event.

Huzzah!

:)
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it!"
"I don't get mad, I get more than even!"
"A closed mouth gathers no feet, fists or hand grenades."

Kholin

Apologies for the delay on this - Attaching additional picutres
---
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The Way of Kings, Brandon Sanderson

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."― Tom Paine

"We must be willing to pay a price for freedom." -H.L. Mencken

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." -H.L. Mencken