News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RIFLEMAN BOOT CAMP TO BE SCHEDULED AT THE IDMR

Started by B.C., May 16, 2016, 08:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

RIFLEMAN BOOT CAMP TO BE SCHEDULED AT THE IDMR:

Greetings my Florida brothers and sisters! It's time again to start thinking about getting a RBC on the schedule for the winter months of this year in Tallahassee at the IDMR. Engineer Shooting built it and we want to come, for a whole week! Let's get a date on the books sooner than later so we can get the word out to all at upcoming shoots in our area. Early November or early December is a lovely time of year in Tallahassee. Perhaps the week after Halloween or after Thanksgiving? It's imperative we get a full house signed up!
Give your thoughts below.......   
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

FLawyer

Sounds like a great idea to me. The three non-holiday weekends in December all have shoots already scheduled.  What about the first week of November.?  No shoots on the calendar in Florida then.
All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

B.C.

That sounds like a great week to me. 10/31 (mon) to 11/6 (sun)? There is a Gainesville shoot the weekend of 10/29 - 10/30. Ultimately Engineer shooting will need to approve the date(s)......We want to take a poll to see who can come. Florida folks chime in below please.

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

rambo granny

We would love to come. Yipes, there are 3 events in the area we try to help cover in October with Gianesville being last, sooooo if it were a bit later in Nov instead of first part, that would help...perhaps the week before the week Thanksgiving falls in????
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

B.C.

If late this year does not work for all, perhaps early January of 17? Just saying...

rambo granny

Perhaps after Engineer Shooting & Lucky Lori get back from NRA convention,etc, they can throw out dates possible for them. In the meantime let's keep spreading the word to see who's in. No doubt it would  be awesome experience for all and great fun with our Appleseed family.
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

theri

You may also want to consider the weekends that don't have a home game for Florida State University as motel rooms will be at a premium if there is a home game.
Whiskey Tango 9

falcon793

Pick a week and I'll work around my schedule.  Looking forward to it!

PHenry

Hotel rooms? Hotel rooms! This is the IDMR! This is an RBC! We dunn need no stinking hotel rooms. We need a lot of tick repellent and ammo, but hotel rooms simply do not offer the small adversity a Rifleman craves for character improvement.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Quote from: PHenry on May 19, 2016, 03:30:55 PM
Hotel rooms? Hotel rooms! This is the IDMR! This is an RBC! We dunn need no stinking hotel rooms. We need a lot of tick repellent and ammo, but hotel rooms simply do not offer the small adversity a Rifleman craves for character improvement.  ^-^

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.