News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dubuque, Iowa 14-15May2016

Started by IXOYE, May 15, 2016, 09:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had a great shoot at the Izaak Walton club in Dubuque, Iowa. Saturday we had six shooters on the line and Sunday we had four. Everyone showed fantastic improvement. The weather was nice on Saturday and almost perfect on Sunday. No new riflemen but with persistence I'm confident many will get there. Thanks to Cort and Bruce for driving halfway across the state to help instruct. I'll share some pictures in a separate post.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

Here are a few pictures from our shoot.

Here are some pictures from our clinic.

The group on Saturday

Working on Prone

Bruce coaching on off-hand

Carding Sights

Taking the Shot

More Carding Sights

Going through an AQT

Taking Careful Aim

Bruce Demonstrating Sling Length

Cort Giving Instructions

Cort and Bruce Teaming Up

Handing out Youth Patches

Happy Father & Son Team

Another Happy Father & Son Team
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Ames

I really enjoyed this shoot!  A great bunch to work with, students and instructors alike.  This is a very nice facility at the Dubuque Izaak Walton League in Peosta. Huge thanks to them for allowing us to host this event there. 

Here are a few pics that I took.

Texas T

Looks like a nice facility. I especially like the flag display, flying in the light breeze.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017