News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chapel Hill, TN - May 14-15, 2016

Started by dond, May 13, 2016, 12:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

This is just a placeholder. I probably won't be able to add to this for several days and invite any others to contribute information and comments about the event.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

AH1Tom

It was another great Appleseed weekend. This was my first event outside Alabama so I had the opportunity to meet some new instructors. It was a pleasure and I hope to have the chance to work with each of them again. A special opportunity was getting to work with DonD as Shoot Boss and his most gracious and lovely wife Sarah. DonD has such a tremendous history with the program and knowledge about the skills required to be Rifleman. A great chance to learn from one of the best. Don, thank you for giving so much to the cause of Liberty.
The shooters all had great attitudes and much improvement was seen from the Saturday morning Redcoat to the Saturday afternoon Redcoat. A special thank you to Strategic Edge for making their facility available for this event.
;D

Harmonica

I've been to quite a few Appleseeds at four different ranges in TN and we've always had great groups of people but this was the nicest and most persistent bunch of shooters I've seen so far. Lots of shooters made steady improvements throughout the weekend. By Sunday afternoon, a large part of the group was scoring in the high 180 and 190 range. If not for a few thrown shots here and there on stages 3 & 4, we'd have had a whole gang of Riflemen on Sunday.

It was great to finally meet Don and Sarah. Don was generous to let me weasel my way in to the event even though it was sold out! Taking the orange hat was a big step for me and I'm still not sure I'm up to it but I will do my best. I was having problems with low back pain and bad joints in my lower legs both days and it makes things hard sometimes.

I think the most important piece of information I've ever received at an Appleseed is that "A Rifleman Persists". Very few score 210 or better at their first event. Most of us have to take the lessons home and practice. Get down in the floor at home with your rifle and sling. Practice the steady hold factors and the six steps to taking a shot when you dry fire. Don't forget to follow through! If you practice the techniques taught in this program, 210 or better is inevitable and it's a great feeling when it happens!

Thanks to all the instructors that drove in from KY and AL to instruct the shooters and show a newbie orange hat the ropes. Y'all put on a great event.  O0
Now who can argue with that?

Paatriot G-Pa

It was a good weekend! Good to work with DonD and his wife, very good people! I will have the pics up as soon as I get them edited. Here is the group shot

The pic below will not open

Photo link
http://s874.photobucket.com/user/gpaglynn/library/Appleseed