News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Niles, MI May 21-22, 2016 AAR

Started by Oz, May 13, 2016, 06:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

What a fantastic weekend at Bend of the River Conservation Club!  We had a wonderful group of folks come out with us this weekend:  good-natured, good-humored, patient and persistent--and by the way they can shoot!  It was really a privilege to spend the weekend with you.  I am so happy that so many of you went out of your way to tell us that you'll be back to see us again. 

My day job is calling and it will be Tuesday night before I can get back to the keyboard and recognize your individual and collective awesomeness at a little more length.  In the meanwhile, though--please post up!  And remember...

:pics:

(I do have some pics to contribute...but again...Tuesday!)

"Oz" / John
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Tigger

Hello to all the shooters the came out!  It was great to spend a glorious weekend on the range with you.  It was good to see fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, and fathers and daughters joined to learn a little heritage and rifle marksmanship.  That's almost every possible parent-child combination....  Do we have a son out there they can bring their mother to the next shoot?   O0
First, congratulations to a new rifleman.  He took his baptism in the waters of the North Bridge with good graces.  After a warm sunny Sunday afternoon, I think I might shoot FOR 210 myself!
There are plenty of people out there who are knocking on the door of earning their patch,  and I encourage you all to keep practicing what was taught and persist because there's nothing we like better than giving out patches to more riflemen and riflewomen.  Thank you for bearing with the "sound of freedom" with all the pistol shooters on the next bay all weekend.  I hope you would all offer them a friendly jibe with me and say it's not the number of shots but the number of hits that matters,  because I heard far more bangs than clangs for the day.  **)
Now to post my few pictures…
... And before I forget, thank you for everybody for your kind words and for helping me retiring an old orange hat.
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."
C. S. Lewis  "On Stories: And Other Essays on Literature"

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"The ultimate obscenity is not caring, not doing something about what you feel, not feeling."
Rod Serling

Oz

....and, I'm back!

I've had two days to reflect on the weekend and I'm still smiling.  We said all we ask is a "teachable attitude" and you all brought that, in spades.  Thinking about it more, you asked great questions all weekend, and kept us on our toes!   O0   :bow:   ^:)^

Mike, congratulations on scoring Rifleman at your first Appleseed!  That is an accomplishment you can be proud of!  Marel, you know you're right there too...just a touch more practice. 

Steve and Aaron...you're not going to let Mike keep solo bragging rights, are you?  You both know what you're about...

Jenna, you rocked!  Look how much progress you made this weekend!  And Chris--shooting left-handed for the first time and scoring in the 180s?  You said you folks will be regulars.  I'm looking forward to seeing you, there is a patch in your future.

Michelle, Brianne and Kaitlin, you did great on Saturday!  You'll be back, right? 

Jon and Landon, well done, working with rifles that were "new to you" and quickly becoming familiar with them!

Janice, I'm so glad you "run what you brung" and went home with new data   And your passion for history!  Are you sure you don't want to expand to RevWar reenacting?  :)   :pop:

Lauren, it was great to have you on the line again.  You know what you're about.

Now that you're home...remember what you learned.  Practice--dryfire, dryfire, dryfire!  (No ammo!)  Show others what you learned--and bring 'em to come see us! 

And remember, history isn't a bunch of dry dates and names and it was never inevitable (even if the books read as if it was).  History is about people, who lived and breathed like we do, who ate their breakfast, buckled on their shoes, and walked out the door in the morning not knowing what the night would bring.  Learning how our forebears lived and sacrificed in the hope of a better future--for us--helps us understand how our actions can shape the future for ourselves and our descendants!  Try to do something for your community every day, even just a little.

Now, let me post a few pics...  Hope to see you again!  John / "Oz"

First strike.

Seated.

Standing

"The next string of fire is Stage 4 of the AQT.  Prep one magazine with 10 rounds.  Your targets will be the four targets in the bottom row..."

Off to develop come-ups at 25 through 100 yards!

Go ahead and zoom.  You're down there...

Tigger's hat!  His beautiful, beautiful hat...

Your instructor crew thanks you!
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."