News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sturgis, MI May 14-15, 2016 AAR

Started by Rascal21, May 12, 2016, 01:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal21

Well, what can we say other than it's Michigan, where we go from almost 80 a couple weeks ago, to 45 with 40MPH winds whipping across the range with a real feel temp of 28 degrees, and rain, sleet, hail, snow and sun all putting in appearances this weekend.

All of the photos are loaded on fb here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.860874030689434.1073741887.240556109387899&type=3 While you're there, why not give us a like and look through the event schedule at upcoming shoots? We are looking forward to seeing you all again.

Rascal21/Stacy

But, here's a few teaser shots

End of Day 1

Our one spot of blue sky on Saturday, everyone kept saying pics or it didn't happen, well here's the proof:

Graywolf

We had a cold, wet weekend at Sturgis but what a great time we had.  We had 17 shooters on the line and all were excited to celebrate our American marksmanship heritage.  A number of our shooters had never handled a rifle in their lives but they improved by leaps and bounds.  That was exciting to see.

Congratulations to Danny, Newell, and Carl for shooting rifleman scores.  Well done, gentlemen!  We had several others that were knocking on the door of the coveted score on Saturday but were unable to return on Sunday.  I am certain you will all get it done next time.  Remember practice that NPOA!

A huge thank you to the St. Joesph County Conservation and Sportsman's Club for hosting us.  As always, you made us feel right at home and we are looking forward to the next event.  Special thanks to John who was the club liason.  His help and support was crucial.

Thank you, also, to the instructors who came to this event.  You made it a success and I know that the shooters enjoyed working with you.  They (and I ) appreciated all you did.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

weaselwoods

Thank you all for hosting this great shoot. The weather was nice, it only added credit to the telling's of the 1&2 strikes, great job by the way... "rain or shine we are on the line" I will look forward to working with you all again in (the near) future. Great job to our new Riflemen, &  don't forget the "secret sauce" of 7th stepping, telling & bring someone about what you did & the fun you had at Appleseed.
"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well-trained, well-equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely" -General Dwight D. Eisenhower

As for me I'm a #4  patriot -From Fred's "which are you, patriot?" in shotgun news. Always try to improve first yourself, then others around you.

If freedom of speech is taken away then dumb & silent we may be led like sheep to the slaughter -George Washington