News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Bakersfield April 23-24, 2016

Started by Cal 7.62, May 05, 2016, 01:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal 7.62

Sorry this is late, its just been hectic around here lately.  :-[

It was great to see eight hearty souls on the line Saturday morning, ready to take part in a Appleseed .  :)
The redcoats told us we had some work to do. After lunch, some heritage stories and gremlin hunting (FBJ), we started dialing those groups down.  :~
Christopher had a tactical type sling and found a way to make it work for him. I think he'll be a rifleman in another Appleseed or two.  O0
Jessica was a real trooper. She was shooting with a single shot bolt action target rifle.   O0 O0  It got real tough when we introduced the timed AQT.
It took a little while for Sal but his groups started coming together also. :---
We were blessed with (courtesy of Uncle Sam) a visiting Appleseeder, Howard from Kentucky. We know he just wanted to brag to the folks back home that he was able to discharge a actual firearm in the People's Republic of California and that nothing bad happened to him.   @&)  Yes, there are a few bastions of freedom left in the golden state, which is why we need to Appleseed more.  :--- :---
Returning students Tony and Mike(who brought his nephew Cody) came back for another go at the rifleman patch.  O0
Great job Cody, our most improved student of the weekend!  ^:)^
Another new to Appleseed student was Julio, he made great progress as well. Unfortunately Appleseed has a way of finding flaws in your equipment and Julio's rifle had some scope mounts that needed attention.  !@#)
It was a good weekend and although no rifleman patches were issued (although some were getting close), everyone improved, learned some heritage and marksmanship and enjoyed the camaraderie. I know, with a persistence, they WILL achive the coveted Rifleman patch!   ..:..
A big thanks to Noah_RN who did a great job keeping the students safe and line bossing. O0
Another big thanks to Mike for assisting in RSO duty.  O0

Noah has some pictures he took. As soon as I get them I will post. :pics:
Feel free to chime in folks.
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington