News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Three Forks, MT April 30-May 1 AAR

Started by peterlandsiedel, May 04, 2016, 12:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterlandsiedel

What a great shoot! I am always impressed with the caliber of folks that come out to shoot (and instruct!), and it is truly a delight to work with all of them.

Saturday morning was a bit chilly and windy but the shooters pushed through and were rewarded with clear, sunny, skies and warm temps on Sunday. Jim came out both days and absolutely crushed the AQT, scoring a 239 on Sunday morning. He even brought a garand and let me run a clip through it. Thanks Jim! Now I have to buy one of my own... Kaiser is always a treat to have at a shoot, whether he's on the line or instructing. Thanks for being my demo dummy most of Saturday! Jonathan and Aurelia, two of our youth shooters, were eager to shoot and learn all weekend. Both of you made great strides in your marksmanship, and I hope to see both of you at another shoot soon. Our father/daughter team Jeremy and Anne were rocking bolt actions and both did a fantastic job applying the skills taught. Anne persevered through some equipment troubles and kept a positive, teachable attitude all weekend. This shoot proved just how small a world MT is, as Jeremy's father was on of my professors in law school. Jeremy was an excellent student that asked plenty of questions, and took plenty of notes. We need to get an orange hat on his head, as well as Jim's! Speaking of orange hats, Joel and Trent arrived on Sunday, and Joel shot rifleman again and again throughout the day. Joel took an orange hat and I'm excited to instruct next to him in the future. Trent took instruction exceptionally well and his groups got tighter, and his scores got higher. I hope your dad bought you that milkshake on the way home!

Mark, it's always a pleasure instructing with you. I'm going to have to practice my standing position for the next red coat target you challenge me to shoot. :) Terry, I'm looking forward to watching you progress through the ranks and become our next red hat. Special thanks to the Beardsley's for letting Appleseed use their land for shoots.

I had a great time with all of you, and I hope to see each and every one of you on the Appleseed trail again.

Mark Davis

Good shoot, Met some new friends and enjoyed the smell of burned powder with some old friends.
Who is missing a stapler?