News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt AFB, Florida, April 23-24 2016

Started by Engineer shooting, April 26, 2016, 03:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Hurlburt AFB

Random thoughts: Sold out event. Three Brewer girls, two IIT's the third aged 9 (she scored 213), IIT dad at home babysitting. Kuan struggled with the rifle he had until the last AQT of the weekend (rapid fire) borrows a rifle and scores 198. Thomas came back and scored a 210 and received some North Bridge water. Chuck determined to shoot an iron sighted AR with "old" eyes and did more than fine.

How great an event? Here's a hint: thanks goes to the IIT's Kyla, Brandy, Reid, George,  Kim, Chuck and Mike and the Instructors Bob, Richard, and Lori. Extra thanks to Kim and Chuck setting up the range. Eleven Instructors, it was like an Instructor Boot Camp. Kim and Chuck telling a brave young woman and a dangerous old man story...and gentlemen abed. Shall think themselves accursed they were not here. And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks. That shot with us at Hurlburt Field.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Engineer shooting

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

JustKim

GREAT EVENT!!!  Fun was had by all - lots of great history and lots of improvement! 
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

tom minerva

Hi Kim,
  Ken wanted to know if I could help out at the events. I would like to assist you all when I can. I can help in setting up and what ever is required of me mainly in the Destin -Pensacola area. I enjoyed working under the Appleseed instructors and would be honored to help.
I am not always available but I will try to assist when I can. Thank you for the chance to improve my marksmanship.

Tom Minerva 504 494-0303 minervatj@live.com
264 Leaning Pines Loop Destin 32541
Tom Minerva

GunnerBob

Great to hear about Appleseed events at Hurbie! I was stationed there for 9 of my 20 year career...still have lots of friend there. I'll get the word out and maybe get some more shooters!

Sounds like it was a good time!

Chaos07

Great Shoot, and thanks to all the instructors for a great weekend. 

The following week I was fortunate enough to put some perspective against the history presented.

Looking forward to the next event!

Cheers.

Duane
Duane

In a Democracy, the majority rules.  If the majority decided they wanted your bike, the could take it.

In a Republic, your bike is your property and you do not owe it to anyone.  It cannot be taken against your will by law.

America is a Constitutional Republic.

Therefore, the Constitution is the law by which we are protected.

In a Republic, the individual is protected FROM the majority, by Constitutional Law.

A Constitutional Republic is what we were given.  It is up to US to KEEP it.

Engineer shooting

Quote from: Chaos07 on May 01, 2016, 10:04:41 AM
Great Shoot, and thanks to all the instructors for a great weekend. 

The following week I was fortunate enough to put some perspective against the history presented.

Looking forward to the next event!

Cheers.

Duane

A trip to the Freedom Trail, now that's what I call good follow through!   O0