News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Prayers needed -- pitmaster

Started by SteelThunder, April 25, 2016, 07:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelThunder

Many of you know pitmaster -- a dedicated friend to Appleseed and a darn fine BBQ chef.  Bruce hasn't been to AS's for a while because of health issues.  As many know, he recently was diagnosed with cancer of the liver/bile ducts.

I talked with him this evening.  Monday May 2nd he has surgery down in Indianapolis to remove the tumors and hopefully launch him down a path to recovery.  As he said, "it's a pretty big deal".  I'm sure he could use whatever prayers or good thoughts you can send his way.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Superheat

On the way.  Get well soon, Bruce.

colonial shooter

Prayers sent here also! I also have surgery the same day.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Rev.357

Bruce (and Colonial Shooter) I have written your name in my planner for May 2nd. I will pray for you then, and until then and beyond. Yes, this is extremely serious. We remain thankful to those who sacrificed for us 240 years ago to buy our liberty, and we trust Him who sacrificed for us 2,000 years ago to ensure our lives. 
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

TOMINCT

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Rev.357

Any word on how pitmaster and colonial shooter fared in surgery today? We will Charlie Mike (continue mission) with the prayers as they recover.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1

Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

Oz

Facebook post at 6pm Eastern indicates Pitmaster is out of surgery and in recovery (NFI).  Hopefully that means so far, so good. 
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Rev.357

Thanks Oz. We are pulling for steady convalescing and a full recovery.

colonial shooter

Thanks all for the prayers! Next round of surgery is the 24th.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Rev.357

I haven't  heard an update on the pitmaster for a while.  I know this is an extremely serious situation, even by cancer standards.  Let him know he is loved.

BTW:  I understand Colonial Shooter also had Surgery on May the tooth.  How be he?

Bryant

Prayers for your recovery Bruce.  You've been a pleasure to work with in the past and hopefully we can again.  Take care of yourself and again, prayers from my family for a speedy recovery.
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

colonial shooter

Rev .357  I had my second surgery on 24 May. They took a kidney that contained a malignant mass. As of 7-13 I was declared Cancer Free. Hoping Pitmaster gets the same prognosis!!!

Plato