News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marion Ohio Apr 23 & 24,2016 AAR

Started by Corvette, April 25, 2016, 10:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Just a placeholder for the full AAR to follow. 

Great shoot with mostly great weather, Sat morning kinda cold but by noon things warmed up.

Quick alert, one of our shooters, Mark, seemed to have misplaced his cell phone Sunday.  If a strange cell phone shows up in anybody's gear, please let us know here and we will coordinate return.

More to follow. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

Whow, what a great shoot this past weekend at Meeker Sportsman Center in Marion, Ohio.  We had 14 shooters on the line Saturday morning ready to take on the Appleseed Rifleman's challenge. It was cold and breezy Saturday morning and everyone had to keep moving to keep warm.  By noon, the sun came out and things got better.

After the welcome and the safety briefing, we hit the line and we had a promising opening Red Coat.  Of 14 shooters, 10 were competent at 100 yds and we had 2 people join Daniel Morgan and 1 cleared Red Coat.  Instructions commenced on steady hold in prone, the six steps, and NPOA accompanied with related drills.  The group progressed fast and before we knew it, it was lunch time.  The first strike was presented at lunch and we moved on to seated steady hold and off-hand steady hold.  The second strike was presented at the afternoon break and a practice AQT and two scored AQT's were shot on Saturday afternoon. Bob set the tone for the weekend with a 224 on his first AQT at this first Appleseed.  Huzzah.

The third strike was presented and the day came to a close.

Sunday opened sunny and warm.  We completed the safety re-brief, a review of the POI from Saturday and we were on the line doing the Sunday Red Coat.  We had 11 of 13 at 100, 5 of 13 at 200, 6 joined Daniel Morgan, and we had another cleared Red Coat.  Great start to a great day.  AQT's were shot, Bob reconfirmed his Rifleman's score wtih a 223 and several shooters were knocking on the door.  Unfortunately, nobody else reached 210 and Bob was our only Rifleman.

Many thanks to Charley, little buddy, Yankee, Cadence and ChevyShooter for helping with the shoot.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cadence

I would just like to echo Corvette's analysis of the group although I was only there for Sunday. Great group of shooters who were attentive, teachable and safe.   ^:)^ You can't ask anything more of people who are willing to come out and exercise their second amendment rights and learn of their heritage. HUZZAH!!  O0
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Charley

The line and learning some heritage

GunnerBob

I just want to thank Corvette and all of the other instructors for a great, informative weekend. This was my first Appleseed, though I've been stalking the forum and the website for a couple of years now. Appleseed, in my opinion, is one of the things that will save our republic, if it can be saved.

Like I said, this was my first Appleseed...won't be my last. I was able to shoot with my son, who is stationed overseas in the Air Force, and he said he'll be back, too...he can't let his pop be the only one in the family who earned the patch, I guess!! I intend to bring another first timer to the next one I attend, as well.

You guys do a great job...thank you so much!

bob

Corvette

Bob, thanks for the nice comments.  Let me thank your son for serving and thanks to you for raising such a fine young man who chose to serve his country.  It was great to meet you this weekend and I hope to see you soon on the line of another shoot.  You know that now that you have shot Rifleman, if we meet at another shoot, I will be pitching that you take an Orange hat and become an Instructor with us. 

Had a great time this past weekend, it was great to meet you and your son.

Corvette