News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The Haj: A Rifleman Visits Battle Road

Started by The Wolfhound, April 24, 2016, 10:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

Our adventures in Plymouth are of little interest to Riflemen, but I suggest visiting the town if history is your thing.  It is also a beautiful little town with beaches and great seafood.  Do not overlook it.
On our way out of Massachusetts, we were to again pass through Logan Airport.  With most of a day to kill before our flight, The Adams National Historical Site, in Quincy, was our goal.  Between 2 sites and 3 houses, you will find 5 generations of the Adams family (no, not the Addams Family) surrounding John Adams and his life.  The founding father and second president is well represented as is his son, our 6th president.  There is also some good statuary in the vicinity of the Park Headquarters.   WW1 1903 Springfield anyone? 

The Wolfhound

Thus, ends the report of the Haj.  Thank you for your comments and I will respond to your questions if any come forth.  Going during the observance of Patriots Day allows you to get more of an impression of the events.  Travel during the Summer will get you access to Houses and Museums that are more seasonally operated.  We averaged just over 7 miles per day with our high day being just short of 10 miles.  We had a great trip that we enjoyed immensely and met wonderful people.  Now, go shoot an AQT and write your Congress Critters!
"The Wolfhound" signing off. 

peterlandsiedel

Wow. Just wow. You held Isaac Davis' musket. Jealousy does not begin to describe my reaction. Good for the two of you. :) I hope to make the trek to battle road in the near future.

pbcook