News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Reevesville, SC April 16 and 17, 2016

Started by TAZDevil, April 24, 2016, 10:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAZDevil

REEVESVILLE: AFTER ACTION REPORT:  Reevesville, SC: April 16 and 17, 2016
Temperatures were in the high 60s and 70s F, with minimal wind, wonderful sunny skies.  This was great weather for the inaugural event in Reevesville, SC.
The Shoot Logic Range is a new range for SC; it is near Charleston.  The Reevesville range is not covered.  However, there are a covered picnic area and a club house and kitchen that are available.
We had 9 students on Saturday (4 new to the appleseed adventure) and 4 on Sunday.  Students were extremely enthusiastic.
Shoot Boss: TAZDevil
Red Hats: DrJohn, DEH, LeadFarmer, and TheIronMantis
IITs:    Shayes13 (IIT1)
A pleasant two days in Reevesville, SC.
SAFE days and we created another rifleman, Kenny Bolling.
Also created one new IIT2, Shayes13.
This appleseed was an exciting weekend at a new venue.  The site is well maintained and capable of handling 20 students easily.  There were two buildings available for inside instruction in case there had been inclimate weather.  Known distance instruction was included.
Heritage lectures were well received; many questions were asked and answered.
"An Englishman's home is his castle" Jason Russell

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."  John Adams