News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2016 Bowler, WI IBC June 11-12

Started by Trisha, April 23, 2016, 06:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

It's that time of year again for the Bowler IBC! It has always been a ton of fun and a lot of learning. You can arrive Friday night, hang out, get to know other instructors and then the learning begins Saturday morning. During Saturday we focus a lot on all the parts of instruction, it is a great place to make your mistakes, learn from them so when you are in front of shooters, you already got past the nerves and can present the instruction as well as you can. Sunday we finish up any instruction we may not have had a chance to finish. There maybe a mock Appleseed and then we head over to JoeZs barn and get some KD shooting in! Please sign up on tips to attend, I hope you can make it! Please let JoeZ or myself know if you have any questions.

Lastly, this is a potluck, reply below with what you are able to bring.

Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks.
Sunday breakfast, snacks and leftovers.

RTB

This is a great opportunity for all levels! If you have not been to one I encourage you to go and if you have been to one; do it again! It's always a blast. I will not be able to attend this particular IBC due to the fact that is the day I will be graduating from college (finally). Good luck to all!

:---
River Falls, WI 9/15/12 : Rifleman
River Falls, WI 4/19/13 : Rifleman
Orange Hat 9/13/13
IBC Bowler, WI 7/13/14 : Known Distance Rifleman
Red Hat 10/11/15
Shoot Boss 8/7/2016

Slothman

Okay, I'm signed up on Eventbrite and TIPS. 
I don't have a centerfire rifle, is there another I can use for the KD shoot?  If so what caliber ammo do I need?

Also I'm not sure what to bring for food.  I'll be traveling the week prior, so food preparation time will not be available.  I can bring a variety of fruits and veggies and veggie dip, if that's desired.  Is there a kitchen to work in or should I plan on bringing my Coleman stove and such?  If you want to 'assign' something for me to bring that I can grab on the way up that would work as well.  I'll be coming from Chicago on Friday.

Looking forward to the IBC and reading like mad  :))
2015-06-06 - Appleseed 1 / Rifleman - Eagle/McMiller, WI
2016-04-16 - Appleseed 2 / IIT - Lodi, WI
2017-08-27 - "Red Hat" Instructor - Monroe, WI

Trisha

Fruits, veggies and dip work well. This is a house, so full kitchen and bathrooms along with beds for everyone!

imadentist

I cannot make it.  Fishing in NC that weekend. Thanks for the invite.

Slothman

Excellent, thanks Trisha.  I'll plan on those.  If we need more food I can grab more too.  Eggs and such for breakfast makings.

Also, what caliber ammo should I bring, if there's a rifle I can borrow for the KD shoot? 

Reckless Rick

What a great place for fellowship,bums me right out that I have to cancel last minute.
Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest

JoeZ

@ Slothman,  223 ammo or 308 as I'll have either there, or just bring some money and use ammo already zeroed for.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Trisha

This IBC has been postponed until June 11-12 so there's still time to sign up on the new date!

RTB

With the change of date to June 11-12 I have cleared my schedule and will be in attendance with bells on  :))

I will post what I plan on bringing for the potluck once I figure that out...

:pop:
Orange Hat 9/13/13
Red Hat 10/11/15
Shoot Boss 8/7/2016

Reckless Rick

I am unable to bring bells.
I am able to bring eggs,bread,p&j,brats and a 30 cal. Let me know if anything else is needed.

Looking forward to a great weekend

DrRichP

I'll be working a sold-out Racine. Sorry to miss this one. Have a great time all!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Rita

Who all is going to this? Trisha mentioned she will be busy  having her baby.  ;) So I guess who is running everything? The registrations look to have very few going at this point. I am new to this and am just curious. Thanks all!

martin

I'll be there and of course, I'll have RustyRed in tow,,,
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Rita

Oh good! I look forward to seeing you.

Reckless Rick

Probably leaving Port Washington area about 0530 Saturday,traveling north on I-43,hard left on hwy 29....free rides to anyone in route  send me a pm

JoeZ

Meal schedule:   figuring 16 people.

Friday evening; your on your own

Sat breakfast; Rick is bringing eggs, I'll bring bacon, some one can bring toast or danishes

Sat lunch; I'll bring subs, someone mentioned veggies so bring those.

Sat supper; Rick is bringing brats (I'm assuming with buns ), more veggies

Sun breakfast;

Sun lunch; there are always plenty of leftovers

Sun dinner; there is none here.

Please fill in the blanks or comment, thx.

See you soon,
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

RustyRed

Quote from: JoeZ on June 08, 2016, 12:23:28 AM
Meal schedule:   figuring 16 people.

Friday evening; your on your own

Sat breakfast; Rick is bringing eggs, I'll bring bacon, some one can bring toast or danishes

Sat lunch; I'll bring subs, someone mentioned veggies so bring those.

Sat supper; Rick is bringing brats (I'm assuming with buns ), more veggies,
                  Rustyred will make a big pot of Hamburger bean bake
Sun breakfast;

Sun lunch; there are always plenty of leftovers

Sun dinner; there is none here.

Please fill in the blanks or comment, thx.

See you soon,
JoeZ

Reckless Rick

Ive been recruited to racine for the weekendðŸ˜,ðŸ˜,ðŸ˜,.Really wanted to work on some skills this weekend and learn/bond from a great group of Appleseed diehards. That aside time to deliver the message to 35 people in Racine..

Slothman

Trisha talked about Friday evening being a nice time to get together pre-IBC ... is anybody planning on going Friday evening?  If I come on Friday, do I need to find my own accommodations or will I be able to stay at the house?

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Jeff

RustyRed

Well looks like Rick is not going to be there at the IBC so Martin and I will bring the brats, buns, and a hot hamb bean dish! See you Friday night Joez!!!  What time will you be there Joez?

DrRichP

Wait, I'm going to miss sausage dip so I can go work an Appleseed?  !@#)
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

RustyRed

Sorry Dr Rich P.  But sence your not going to be there along with Trisha no sausage dip is going to be made!!  Next time when you are all there, this time is brats,and a hamburger bean goo!!

JoeZ

I'm hoping to leave work early and so should be in Bowler by 5:30 pm on Friday. If anyone wants to stay Friday night your more than welcome. If your early just hang out and don't sweat it.

martin

Quote from: JoeZ on June 09, 2016, 08:54:09 PM
I'm hoping to leave work early and so should be in Bowler by 5:30 pm on Friday. If anyone wants to stay Friday night your more than welcome. If your early just hang out and don't sweat it.

We'll be there 6pm or so.
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Slothman

Ok, I'll bring eggs for breakfast(s) and veggies and fruit ... and some sort of breakfasty breads or pastries.  I probably won't make it up there until after 7 Friday evening. 

See you all tomorrow! 

RTB

I will be arriving Sat morning and will bring some pasta salads that can be used for lunch and dinner. See ya this weekend!
Orange Hat 9/13/13
Red Hat 10/11/15
Shoot Boss 8/7/2016

JoeZ

I'll be there pretty much on schedule.
JoeZ