News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Symrna Beach FL April 16-17 2016

Started by TomM1Thumb, April 20, 2016, 04:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM1Thumb

What a great week end, a little bit of cold rain and a bit too much wind for My taste on Saturday. But no standing water either day. New Portable shade worked well, but needs a little tweaking.

I think We had 12 Shooters on Sat, and 11 on Sun. for the Family that choose not to attend, You missed out on a Good event. Wayne You were missed on Sun.

1 New Rifleman on Sat, and 1 New Rifleman on Sunday. Good Job.  more than a few knocking at the door.  for those who were close, please do Your dry practice, and Join Us again in May.  May 14-15 2016.

Normally Walk-on's are welcome.  Thank You All again.

TomM1Thumb
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

FLawyer

What a great weekend for Lady Liberty!!!.  Yes it was a little windy ( ;)) Yes it rained lightly a couple of times.  And yes, the new canopies created a learning curve for using them, but all in all it was tremendous. 
We started with 15 pre-registrations.  Had 8 shooters actually show up on Saturday to be met by the Instructors and Blue Hats.  Minnesotarabit jumped right in with that shiny new blue hat and took over the registration table.  Archangel762 wore his shiny new orange hat with pride and worked the line like a pro.  Dix pitched right in and got shooters assigned to backers and targets posted.  Neilevan and TomM1Thumb helped keep things moving. 

Jarrett, Doug, Bob, Wayne, Donnie, Matt, Audrey, and James worked hard all day on Saturday despite getting a little wet.  By the end of the day a new rifleman had been revealed.  James shot the score on the only AQT of the day.  Huzzah. 

All the shooters from Saturday (except Wayne - you were missed) were back bright and early on Sunday and we jumped right in.  By the end of the day James had confirmed his Rifleman score from Saturday and Matt (at his first Appleseed) earned his patch a couple of times.  Huzzah. 

We shot the final redcoat target on Sunday as a Volley for Liberty and remembered the names of those who most Americans have never heard of who gave all to provide us with the liberties we so often take for granted.  Huzzah!!

For the rest of you -  Dry practice, dry practice, dry practice.  Only perfect practice makes perfect.  Based on the persistence and determination I saw this weekend, each and everyone of you is capable of shooting the score if you stay with it.

See you at the range soon,

FLawyer
(Glenn) Honored to be your Shoot Boss on this Patriot Day Weekend shoot.
As soon as I can locate pictures I will post them, but I didn't get to take a lot this weekend (and those that I did take all seem to have my daughter - at her first Appleseed- in them). 
All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!