News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dundee, OR April 16/17, 2016 AAR

Started by Prescott, April 19, 2016, 01:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

It was an unseasonable warm weekend for our anniversary event at Chehalem Valley Sportsman Club.   This was our 3rd annual anniversary event at this range, and I am thankful that we have such a gracious host for our events.

This event was SOLD OUT weeks ahead of the date and it would have been nice to be able to run relays to accommodate more participants.  However, the instructor corp in the NW was spread thin staffing the other events on this weekend.   The June 4th event at CVSC is almost sold out, and it will be possible to run relays to accommodate more participants.

This was another great anniversary event in the NW and we had a fantastic group of shooters!  I was a little worried on Saturday morning due to the high number of unqualified shooters on the first red coat, but this group soaked up the instruction and by the end of the weekend, everyone was shooting at the marksman level or higher. 

We even had a first time shooter who was celebrating his 16th birthday with us, as he asked to attend an AS event as a birthday present from his parents.  Thanks for joining us, and you did fantastic for your first time shooting.  With a little more practice, you will soon be a rifleman!

Dave and Sam were a testament to the marksmanship fundamentals taught by Appleseed.   They put on their own marksmanship exhibition by shooting multiple rifleman scores and posting high scores of 246 and 244.  (Note to self:  I really need to get these guys in orange hats).

Congratulations to our three new rifleman; Dallas, Case and Bob G.  I was a little worried that the heat on Sunday would hamper the shooters, but later in the afternoon the trees shaded the range and the magic began to happen.  We also had four rifleman requalify their rifleman scores.   Good shooting Dave, Sam, Bernie and Bob Y.

I would like to thank Mike C. for providing lunch for us this weekend.   It is great having a cook at the range (even though Mike is a qualified rifleman!).   The BBQ at these events just makes these event just that much more special.

I am looking forward to seeing these NW rifleman put their skills to work at the upcoming Known Distance event at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club on May 21/22.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

janer

Congratulations to the new riflemen.  If you are one of the many knocking on the door... dry practice really does work.  Thanks for being such a fun group to work with.

Freeside

I had a great time! The instruction was amazing: I went from barely hitting paper to getting my Rifleman's badge in 48 hours. I had arrived worried about my .22 conversion kit working, but it performed perfectly (I suspect due to the 60 grain ammo), and I was able to focus entirely on finding my NPOA. The drills really drove it home. I'm trying to figure out when I can fit a KD into my schedule now!
Rifleman on April 17, 2016