News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Evansville, IN April 16th 2016

Started by sur+rifle, April 18, 2016, 10:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sur+rifle

It was another beautiful day for a shoot at Red Brush Rifle Range near Evansville IN!  We had seven shooters, all adults, on the line for this event.  Three were new to Appleseed and four were longtime participants including Darkfoot who split his time between blue-hatting and shooting.

On the marksmanship front there was obvious, steady improvement throughout the day by all participants.  It seemed that with every course-of-fire we saw Mark's, Paul's, Brad's and Darkfoot's group sizes shrinking.  And in the end we saw Brad and Darkfoot earn their rifleman patches with much room to spare!

And just like early last year we saw a good contest battle brewing between Natalie, Brandon, and Tundra Badger.  All three requalified and it simply became a question of how high the scores would climb. Tundra Badger answered that question besting his previous high AQT with a 245! 

Congratulations to a great group of shooters!  And special thanks to Big John and Darkfoot for staffing the event.  It was a fun shoot!

Pictures to follow.

Big John

This was a good one day shoot. Weather was good, lunch (provided by Racegun (Brandon) and Natalie) was phenomenal, and the pace proceeded on schedule without too much fatigue. Shooting was very good, and safety abounded. Try as I might while scoring, there was no way to get anyone to qualify with a 210, so the icy bath in the cooler remained with the Gatorade. 245 is the highest target I have yet to score, and I'm proud of my man Darkfoot, who will be off on his orange hat road.

Captions:

1. Surplus teaches 6 steps.
2. IMC instruction at the line.
3. Requalifying Riflemen Natalie, (Racegun) Brandon, (Tundra Badger) Dan, and Shoot Boss Sur+rifle.
4. Requalifying Riflemen.
5. New Rifleman Brad and the shoot boss.
6. Darkfoot qualifying Rifleman and going Orange, with Shoot Boss Sur+rifle and Instructor Big John.
7. Rifleman Darkfoot.
8. Rifleman Brad.

Tundra Badger

I had a wonderful time and couldn't complain about the weather one bit. Breakfast and lunch were provided by Brad, Natalie and Brandon (racegun) and was fantastic! Great time was had by all!
     Dan
Rifleman May, 23 2015
Red coat cleared May, 23 2015
Kd July, 24 2016

olefido

"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

DrRichP

Great pictures. Thanks to our instructor crew who put on a great event and heartfelt thanks to all who showed up and made this event a huge success!  O0
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy