News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bodcau, LA April 16th,17th

Started by bollox, April 18, 2016, 08:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bollox

That's pronounced "Bodcaw"!

Thank you all for coming and bringing such teachable attitudes. While no one left with a RM patch everyone showed progress. We had one cleared Redcoat target at the end of day two. My opinion: the proud owner of that target is about a half an Appleseed away from his patch (and maybe/ hopefully an Orange hat?) Everyone made progress. It takes time and effort to distinguish yourselves as Riflemen.

All of the shooters were first time Appleseeders. We were greeted enthusiastically by some in the local shooting community which, we hope, bodes well for the future of the program up in the ArkLaTex. The message has been received. We are actively discussing scheduling more events.

Thanks to all the Dads, Moms, Brothers, and Uncles who decided to share their families with us for the weekend.

Here we see some of our fine young shooters:

Flighttime

:) :)This was a super shoot and a a fine team of instructors to work with: Wayne, Tony, Eric, and Johnny each provided something for me to learn and take with me. The shooters were very attentive and showed much progress in developing their rifleman quarter mile skills. I worked with young Ethan who was brandishing an iron sighted 10 22. When he found  his npoa you could cover his group with a dime!  Ethan...relax and remember your respiratory pause and you will be a rifleman! Chuck and Cliff battled with their ARs and almost made it. Congratulations Cliff on clearing the red coat at the end...I didn't even do that! The day was 1 aqt too short. Good work my dedicated fellow Americans. Huzzah :~
"Sad will be the day when the American people forget their traditions and their history, and no longer remember that the country they love, the institutions they cherish, and the freedom they hope to preserve, were born in the throes of armed resistance to tyranny and nursed in the rugged arms of fearless men"----Roger Sherman

"If you know how to shoot, and are quite ready to shoot, the chances are you won't have to shoot."----General John J. Pershing

Weezer

So THAT'S where you were this weekend, Gugisman!   ;D

Sounds like you had a great time...next time you guys can border raid one of our events.   We'll supply the BBQ, you bring the Boudin.   O0
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

jcliffw

I want to say that my brother and I had a great time at the shoot.  I learned things that I didn't know applied to using a rifle.  The history lesson was great, and I can't wait to be a part of the program.  I want to thank all of the instructors that took time with myself and my brother to help us understand how to become one with the bullet.  And a special thanks for the help with my gun, and the use of the loaner.  I am practicing, and the next shoot I attend will end with a patch, and if deemed acceptable, an orange hat.

Thanks to everyone that made the event possible, and especially those that spent their time, the most precious of resources, to bring their families out, to learn and grow together.

Great work guys, I look forward to seeing all of you again.

Gugisman

Great weekend, thanks LA boys!!! I thoroughly enjoyed working with you guys.  I learned a few things, like how to make a simple, light, portable, inexpensive target line. That was awesome! Y'all should plan to come out "heugh" in November for the private Trail Life USA shoot in Waco.

JCliff: You and your brother are, no doubt, patriots. Now... lets make you riflemen, and get you to join the team!
The right to freedom is the gift of God Almighty....The rights of the Colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading, and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and head of the Christian Church: which are to be found clearly written and promuligated in the New Testament.
― Samuel Adams