News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Charlotte, NC April 16-17, 2016

Started by Pelon, April 18, 2016, 05:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelon

Wow!!!  What a weekend!

If you told me that it was going to turn out this way I would have never believed you.  I had been 'warned' about running a Relay event and I wasn't sure what to expect.  I wasn't worried but I was a bit concerned.  With other events at the range going on we were put in a bay that only had room for 8 shooters.  When we posted our targets we put up 16 and they were almost touching.  I just knew that everyone was going to be shooting each others targets.  We also had 2 lefty's and we didn't have the space we needed.  I was concerned that with only 4 instructors (including the SB) that we would be spread too thin to handle this.  All my concerns were for nothing.  This weekend went great.  The weather was beautiful.  It was a bit cool in the morning but warmed up to the 70's in the afternoon.  We were in the shade 90% of the time, so we didn't have the sun beating down on us.  People didn't shoot each others targets except 2 minor times with just a few rounds.  We got 5 new Riflemen this weekend with 2 (maybe 3) going to come to another event to take an Orange Hat.
Running a relay shoot was a lot easier than I ever thought.  I would do it again next weekend without a second thought.  You should really try it sometime.  Here are some things I learned...

1)  It wasn't as hard as you might think
2)  With only 8 shooters on the line at one time (instead of 15) we were able to have more 1 on 1 time with them and not be rushing about.
3)  Things moved quickly because while one group was shooting the other group was prepping mags
4)  With one group watching, while the other shooting, they could see the mistakes that their partner was making and it was a great teaching tool.
5)  We had less people shoot the wrong target than I do at a regular event.

All in all it was a beautiful weekend and thanks to all who attended.  You all did a great job and I'm proud of you all!

Congrats go out to these NEW Riflemen:

Zach S.           213
Richard B.       222
Stacey Z.        216
Ilhan A.          232
Brady A.         211

Way to go guys and gal!!!

Pelon

Pelon

Pls post other pictures if you would like too.
Pelon

Pain Killer

Great job to Pelon on running the relays! Yankee Doodle did an awesome job running the line. This event had a great group of people that truly knew what sacrifices were made for their Liberty! Incredible Marksmanship!
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Yankee Doodle

This weekend certainly presented its share of challenges, especially with the available real estate on Saturday.  However, we had a great group of shooters eager to learn the skills and hear the history of 19 April 1775.  I learned a lot and look forward to working with everyone again in the near future.

Congratulations to the new Riflemen!  Going 5 for 5 on Sunday was a nice capper to an awesome weekend.
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018