News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elwood, IN April 16th and !7th 2016 Patriots' Weekend

Started by Janir, April 18, 2016, 04:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janir

Great weather for a sold out event! As I'm told it was a touch better than last years weather there. ;)
I've got more to share but I wanted to get at least a placeholder up right away so those of you that attended can have a place to converse about the event and get your pictures up and when I get home after work today I'll post up some more.

Janir
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

indygunguy

I was able to be there Sunday, and I will say it was a great event!  Last year we were freezing, and in ankle deep in mud.  This year it was 80 degrees and sunny.  MUCH BETTER!

We had a really great group of shooters.  Most were new to Appleseed, and everyone improved.  Shooters were attentive, safe, and everyone had fun.

It's always nice to spend time with that group of instructors, and as always, a big thank you to Janir for making the drive!

-Nick

tallboy1962

We at the Elwood Conservation Club had a great weekend the Appleseed. The weather was a lot better than last year. I also think this was our largest group so far. We can't wate to have Appleseed back to the Elwood Conservation Club in June.

Thanks

Joe

BrotherBill3

Well I stopped in Saturday; it seemed like a good group of patriots had lined up for freedom!

Sadly my time was limited to helping with some set up, as I am also tied up w/ herding cats ... errrrrrr ...
... ... I mean coaching a baseball team of 5 y.o. boys (and 2 teams of 1st-2nd graders) ... ...  ;D ;)

Anyway - where are the reports? pictures?

See you all on the line again soon!

KingCobra007

This was my first Appleseed.  What a great experience!  I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning and the focus on history and why it is so important to our freedom!

We had excellent weather.

Thank you to the Elwood Conservation Club for hosting the event.  The President of the club was there in person both days, what a wonderful person!

Thank you to all of the instructors, Janir, Rich, Lone Star and all the others; y'all did a great job!  I did not get the riflemen this time but I will try again.

This course was recommended by a past riflemen and I'm glad my wife brought the ticket for my birthday.  Thank you all again, I had a great, safe time and learned so much!
KingCobra007

"Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."

― Benjamin Franklin

Old Coach

My 4th Appleseed.  Finally made Rifleman!  Many thanks to Janir and Lonestar and all the other volunteers helping out.  I could not have done it without their help.  Great bunch of people to shoot with including a good number of juniors.

Thanks to the Elwood Conservation Club for being great hosts, nice separate area for us, coffee and donuts provided and club officials there both days.  Weather was warmer than expected but could not have asked for better.

Hope to see everyone again soon.

bocefus78

Trying to upload photos from my phone is proving to be a challenge. Check back. Color me embarrassed.

Lonestar6

Sorry for the delayed post, I went from the range to a business trip. This was an amazing line of Patriots who kniw very well what they are about. Thanks to everyone for coming out and spending the weekend with Project Appleseed. Hope to see you all again. Special congratulations to Old Coach for earning his Riflemen's patch and to all the requalifiwrs out there.
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.