News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Myakka/Manatee, FL - April 16-17, 2016

Started by 308LIBERTY, April 18, 2016, 03:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

308LIBERTY

Wow! This event completely blew away all expectations. Our 30 shooters, setting a record for Myakka in recent years, included 21 first-time Appleseeders and 8 youth. The weather was incredible, if a bit (or a lot) windy at times, and the fellowship among students and instructors was nice to see. I am humbled to have so many fine men and women instructors come out and run this event. I would honestly have been a train-wreck without your support. I cannot thank you enough, nor all those who turned out to learn and make this shoot an overwhelming success.

By the end of the weekend, we had 2 new Riflemen (Congrats,  BRAEDYN and MARK) among us and several more knocking on the door, including 17 year old SIERRA, scoring 204, 205 and a 208 with a bolt action rifle after clearing 2 redcoats. Nice shooting!

We also learned about the sacrifices our forefathers had to make on our behalf and why we should continue to honor them today and every day of our lives. Because EVERY DAY IS PATRIOT'S DAY when you cherish life and liberty!
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

308LIBERTY

I was informed that an extra Midway shooting mat was found if you happen to be missing yours.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

308LIBERTY

Our New Riflemen.

308LIBERTY

Attachments are being sketchy, so I'll upload a few at a time. More when I get them from others who also took photos.

308LIBERTY

Instructing on the line.

stoneknives

post what you can here ( the limits are about 3 high rez pic's) and you can post all the rest in the G+ page in the Manatee folder.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

BaldEagle

Huzzah! What a great turn out!! I had a great time meeting all the people that came out to this event. It was certainly a great pleasure to work with you all learning marksmanship and hearing the great stories of our heritage. Also nice to see are families and friends that come together and share time together along with forging new friendships. A job well done by all, participants and staff!

Many thanks to you all for a great weekend!

Ken "BaldEagle" Gerace

308LIBERTY

To our guest orange hat, Mike: If you are reading this, I totally forgot to write down your forum name. I'm sorry. Could you please check in here or message me? Thanks.

308LIBERTY

Diane, one of our Appleseed Mom's, was kind enough to take some photos for us. Uploading a few of them in the next couple of replies. There should be more student photos coming, once I get them downloaded from my wife and other sources.

308LIBERTY

More from Diane (Thank you!):

charlie don,t surf

:pics:OUTSTANDING WEEKEND!!!!!! FEEL VERY BLESSED TO BE A PART OF THIS!!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING OUT AND PLEASE TRY AND COME AGAIN IN THE NEAR FUTURE...... HOPE TO SEE YA,S

stoneknives

It most likely mine or should I say my daughter Carolina's.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry