News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

River Falls WI Apr.16-17,2016

Started by martin, April 18, 2016, 01:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

I was starting to get a little worried. We had 1 Rifleman re-qualify and others knocking on the door but it just wasn't happening until,,,,,,,the final AQT when both Scott and Chuck got their Rifleman patches. That's perseverance!Congratulations to all our Riflemen,

Scott 213
                                             Chuck 217
                                    and Kevin requalified with a 211
Well done Riflemen!

Thanks to the River Falls Sportsmans Club. They have been our partners for several years and they always make us feel welcome.
Special thanks to our instructors, RustyRed, ILikeCake, miara, and RTB. Well done ! 
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

KatManDoo

What a fantastic weekend! Weather was perfect and had a great group of shooters and Instructors ~~:) .  Scott pulled it off with irons which is awesome  :bow: and Chuck was somehow able to ignore the loud obnoxious flame thrower next to him (mine  :--- ) to pull off the top score.  I was very happy to requal using the AR even though it was a little ugly (and NOISY).  I struggled a bit and should have spent some time at the range beforehand.  Putting on a new optic, muzzle brake and buttstock the day before probably wasn't the brightest idea either.  :wb: Once again the Instructors were great and I learned a lot, i've shot the AR platform very little (less in total than what we shot last weekend) so it was good to get more familiar with the rifle and handling the malfunctions that started popping up on Sunday afternoon.  Hoping to get that worked out before the Colfax KD shoot.

Thanks again to all the Instructors and shooters for making it a fun and enjoyable weekend.  I hope the loud guys at the end of the firing line didn't bother you too much. 

(Some people name their guns, I don't, but before the shoot I joked with Connor about naming that AR "Applesauce" - after last weekend I think I should probably change it to "Jerry Lee Lewis" (Great Balls of Fire))

If you can't be pretty, be LOUD

Kevin.

RustyRed

Well this was a great weekend,with all the shooters who got off the couch!! Hope to see you all again!!

Taylor

Great work everyone.  O0

Congratulations on the sold-out event!  :bow:
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Trisha

Great job everyone! I can't wait to get back up there in Sept...I to have a great turnout like you did here!

RTB

Great Job everyone and congratulations to our new riflemen! We had great students across the entire firing line and improvement was made by all.
Pooky will be posting some pictures from the shoot soon!
River Falls, WI 9/15/12 : Rifleman
River Falls, WI 4/19/13 : Rifleman
Orange Hat 9/13/13
IBC Bowler, WI 7/13/14 : Known Distance Rifleman
Red Hat 10/11/15
Shoot Boss 8/7/2016

ILikeCake

Well I am struggling to get the pictures from this weekend to load.  I will ask Nicole to post them for me.

miara

What a beautiful weekend!  So glad to see several new AS and they all persevered and improved:)  Congratulations to Chuck and Scott for getting the rifleman and to Kevin for requalifying.  Keep practicing and hope to see you all again!

Pooky

What a great weekend! Sorry I missed Saturday. Looked like a lot of fun. Here are some pics from the shoot. Melissa do you want me to just download the pics from Facebook and put them up on the forum? I can do that no problem.

The Pookanator

Pooky

This might take a while.  ;)

Pooky

:---

Pooky

..:..

Pooky

:slap:

Pooky

:)

Pooky

;D

Pooky

::)

Pooky

O0

Pooky

:wb:

Pooky

Pooky

Pooky

Crud I thought rotated the last two pictures. My apologies.

ILikeCake

Nicole...you are my hero. Thanks a ton for uploading the pics for me.

Pooky

Pooky

;D

Pooky

Pooky