News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle/McMiller, WI April 16-17, 2016

Started by Laredo, April 17, 2016, 09:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laredo

20 people showed up to our sold out event at Eagle/McMiller.  The weather was unreal.  The shooters were fantastic.  Everybody showed up with a great attitude. 

The morning redcoat revealed lots of opportunity for improvement.  ...And improve they did!!!!  By the evening redcoat, the numbers said it all.  Huge improvement!

This group of shooters had such a positive attitude.. they all seemed to have so much fun.  At the end of the first day, as the shooters were leaving the range... a range employee drove up and I went out to meet him... he said; "Wow, must have been a great day... everyone has a big smile."...  I told him it was, indeed.  His comment really summed up the day.  :)  To all the shooters:  You all did fantastic.  You should all be proud of yourselves.  This was not an easy task.  Yet you all kept it up to the end without complaint!  Each and every one of you persisted and improved.  You all truly embody the spirit of the American Rifleman.  So, dont stop now...  I hope to meet you again on the trail.

We had a great group of instructors and Blue Hats, all of whom I had worked with many times.  The weekend went smooth as silk due to their hard work and great attitudes.  A hearty thank you to: Endpoint, Kiwi, Sis, Sara, IronMike, Lori, Jenny, Cinco, and Bearcub.  Thanks so much for making this weekend what it was.... fantastic!  Sis, I shall always remember your description of the "Rifleman's Ballet".  You all are Appleseeds secret sauce!

We had two rifleman re-qualify - Great job Doc and Luke.  Furthermore, Doc stepped up and took an Orange hat!  Doc, thanks for stepping up to help the cause.

All the pictures below are thanks to our own Bearcub.  @somewhat_cool_photography
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

DrRichP

I'd like to thank McMiller. This is one of our very favorite venues with an extremely supportive management and superb facilities. I'd also like to thank Our instructor crew for another great Appleseed. You folks are the heart of this program.

I also want to thank all those who came to Appleseed, and congratulate those that scored Rifleman. Huzzah folks.

Now I'm going to take the opportunity to steal Laredo's thunder by being the first to post a picture from this event. These are 2 of my favorite gals, Sis and Scattershot_Sarah.  :)
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Laredo

At the end of Sunday, the instructors brought out some antiques.  Those that wanted to got the opportunity to shoot a piece of history!  What a blast!!!!

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

martin

Nice pictures! I love seeing Garands on the line. Well done to all! O0
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Angel1022

This was truly a spectacular weekend! Thank you so much to all the instructors! I learned so much, and not just about how to shoot. The history lessons were invaluable. My husband, John, and I will definitely be back. And we will bring Mike and Sallie back as well. Only next time, we hope to bring another generation of Van Daeles, too (our two oldest daughters!) Thanks again to all the instructors, and a special thank you to Sis and Scattershot for helping out the two newbies on the end! It was a great time and I will be recommending it to all and sundry! :) And for the record...I still don't like the seated position! LOL

Ironsight

Wow! Garands on the line! I was going to shoot mine on Sunday in Suamico, but wondered how I would accomplish the 2-and-8 load....
"But I will endeavor to supply the want of Knowledge as much as possible by Watchfulness and Industry." -Nathanael Greene to John Adams, 14 July 1776

Laredo

Angel1022 - thanks for your kind words.  I'm glad you and your family enjoyed the weekend.  It's great to hear feedback.

And by the way....  I don't like seated either!!!! 😀
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

Angel1022

Cheneymidwest

What a great event and group of people.  Thank you all for a informational, educational, and inspirational weekend. (I think the Big Guy helped with the Weather.)