News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hubertus, WI April16-17, 2016

Started by JoeZ, April 17, 2016, 08:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeZ

A great weekend was had by all here at the Daniel Boone Club. 8 shooters and 2 instructors exercised their rights and God willing, improved their country just that little bit. I'm truly honored to have been part of this.

Great weather, firmly resolved shooters, attention given to details, and a well equipped in supplies and knowhow (that's a not even thinly veiled nod to the efforts of national) Appleseed program all worked together to net for WI another 4 riflemen. A couple of notable facts concerning the riflemen; Mark scored a whopping 243 beating Jeff by a mere 3 points, they traded the lead twice I think. That was fun to watch. Dave is 80 years old and scored in the 220's. Nathan also scored rifleman in the 220's. Well done all.

The question was posed to me; how old is the oldest person who scored rifleman? I don't really know but we have an 80 year old here.

Thank you all for coming out and thank you Caleb for the help, please feel free to comment here, good or bad.

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

JVD

This was my first Appleseed, and I had a great time and learned a lot. Sling shooting is definitely the way to go. I'll be getting a proper one in short order.

Thank you Joe for taking the time to help everyone improve marksmanship and for the history lessons.  I think everyone took something away from this weekend that will last a lifetime.

~Jeff
1st Appleseed 04/16/16 AQT 240 - Rifleman

martin

Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Crackshot

Awesome work by everyone! Very impressive shooting and congratulations to our new riflemen! I hope that I helped teach/inspire our riflemen as much as they inspired me. I hope to shoot as well as Dave does when I'm 80 y/o. Jeff and Mark shot very impressive AQT's, I better up my game here!!! And Nathan... well as a brother it's about time you qualified!  ;)  Great work everyone, it was a real honor to be there.

Thank you JoeZ for running the entire show. Without your dedication and hard work it wouldn't have happened.

Crackshot
Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards." - Shane Patton U.S. Navy SEAL

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!

RTB

Sounds like a great shoot all around!
River Falls, WI 9/15/12 : Rifleman
River Falls, WI 4/19/13 : Rifleman
Orange Hat 9/13/13
IBC Bowler, WI 7/13/14 : Known Distance Rifleman
Red Hat 10/11/15
Shoot Boss 8/7/2016

Muskyjerk

DrRichP

Thanks to our instructor crew who put on a great event and heartfelt thanks to all who showed up and made this event a huge success!  O0
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

JoeZ

Thx again to all, and a hearty you're welcome to those who posted thx. I hope to see you soon and the fellow Americacns you bring with.

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison