News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Saratoga, New York April 16-17,2016

Started by Grumpy1, April 17, 2016, 06:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy1

April 16-17, 2016 The Anniversary Event

This was a Fantastic Event,

Great Weather welcomed 21 Patriots to the line, at SaraSpa Fish and Game Club.

Students worked hard throughout the weekend, staying engaged, learning Rifle Marksmanship, and about the  Battles of Lexington and Concord.

Sunday, we started with a team based Red Coat, The Red Coat Rumble.... Teams of 3-4 with a total of 100 rounds engaged multiple targets, they were scored 1 point at 100, 2 at 200, 3 at 300, 4 at 400, and 5 points per round on the shingle....2 minute time limit( it will be 1 minute next time)

Team  #1  Madison, Dave, Dianne, and Pam were Victoious  :~

Students and Instructors alike , we treated to a Cannon demonstration at lunch... Thanks Mark

drifter52 did a Great job with his first time Dangerous Old Men  O0

Dude did a Great job with KD instruction, and then he rotated a group through going out to 100/200 yards ~~:)

We got some Rifleman...

:--- Ray, 215, 218and 218 O0

:--- John 232 O0

We got some Requals...

:--- Dave 233 O0

:--- Historybuff 229 O0

:--- Sharebare 211 O0

:--- longrange 236 O0

Great Work!

Our winners of the Cheez-it drill. Dave, Sue, and Tom O0

We also had some Young Patriots that kept up, all Weekend and Showed what They Are Made Of,

Awesome Job,  Jay, Andrea, Jesse, and Madison O0

We also Got a New Orange Hat, Sharebare, who was a Blue Hat, decided to step up O0

(Actually the Shootboss bribed her with a New Hat, so she would handle the gropon registrations, before said Shootbosses' phone got a toss into the lake).... Its tough being a analog guy in a digital world  :wb:

I would like to thank the members of SaraSpa Fish and Game Club for The use of their facility.

I would also like to thank my Instuctors, for all their hard work, including setting up, and cleaning up!

Thank You; Dude, Sureshot, Noratoga, Gregch44, longrange,Historybuff, drifter52, kimbers, sharebare, and Keith1

Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Grumpy1

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

wrong_eye_righty

Thank you for the awesome weekend and the very nice loaner rifle. I don't think I was quite ready for my first Appleseed but I'll be ready for the next one! I've removed the Mini 14 sight my 10/22 came with and installed a scope.

Grumpy1

Wrongeyerighty,
As was noted Appleseeds Will bring out the Best and Unfortunatly the Worst in your equiptment. This has been proven at every event.

I was glad to see you overcome, the issue, and the go on to shoot a 3 moa group at 100yds with a .22 rifle... Not a easy task, 
Great Job!

Rifleman Overcome!

Benjamin Franklin

Thomas Jefferson

Josey Wales

Great Job up in Saratoga. I will be up in Satatoga in October to help Instruct..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

kehanselman

I want to thank you again, Grumpy1 and the rest of the Appleseed volunteers, for an amazing weekend, and to have it right on the eve of the April 19 anniversary made it extra special for me. Your history was informative and eye opening and really lit a renewed spark for me. The rifle instruction was everything I've heard it to be and I've already started spreading the word to friends and family.

I can't wait to get back out on the range to keep fine tuning the skills I learned and hope to attend another Appleseed and get the coveted Rifleman patch. I was really proud of my 178 being the 4th time ever shooting a rifle - and the first two times were just slapping the trigger hoping to hit the paper.
Kevin
Marlin Model 60, Rifleman 4/21/18

historybuff

What a great weekend! I always enjoy coming and helping with Appleseed. It is great to see people improve and have a fun time shooting! And it was wonderful to see my Appleseed family again.  ^:)^ ^:)^
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice."     -Charles de Montesquieu

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy... So this is how liberty dies, with a thunderous applause."    -Star Wars

Dude

Hard work from both instructors and shooters makes for a great weekend, under Grumpy1's leadership.

There is something special about Sara-Spa shoots. I acknowledge wholeheartedly all the above sentiments, and, in addition, note that we carry with us the echoes of days and patriots past, so very close to us, not only in spirit, but in the very hills and trees around us.

The people of Appleseed are those that we simply love and are honored to be around. and that includes new shooters, as well, since we know---they will be back.
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

TOMINCT

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Seven95

The Saratoga clinic was definitely a high point. From the get-go everyone made us first timers feel welcome and part of the group.

And no matter how poorly I was shooting, the instructors helped me improve. The instructors were first rate.

The big surprise, for me st least, was the history lesson. So I am reading the David Hackett Fischer book and learning more about the Revolution and April 19, 1775.

Making plans to attend again.
IBC - Colebrook, CT 3-22-2022

"Reason is poor propaganda when opposed by the yammering, unceasing lies of shrewd and evil and self-serving men."
â€"  Robert A. Heinlein

"It altogether astonishes me that I am the same age as old people."   â€" me   ;^)