News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine, WI April 16-17 2016

Started by Leadlined, April 17, 2016, 01:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leadlined

A great, sunny weekend to blow winter dust out of our trigger fingers and civic mindedness!

We had a full first day of instructions, along with 3 AQTs completed, and 3 new Riflemen!

On to day 2!
If I knew the world was ending today, I would still plant another Appleseedling. 
-Martin Luther

7/5/2014, First appleseed
9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss
7/9/2023, Pistoleer™/Pistol Instructor
....and still working on it

Leadlined

A few day 1 pictures....

If I knew the world was ending today, I would still plant another Appleseedling. 
-Martin Luther

9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss

popeye1959

Looking forward to bringing my old tired and stiff body back for day 2. Thanks to you and the rest of the group for a great day.

SingleStack230

My two friends and I had a great time this weekend.

Regards,

John S. (aka, the one in the tactical kilt)
06JUN15 - 1st Appleseed
03OCT15 - 2nd Appleseed
16APR16 - Rifleman

DrRichP

This sounds like it was a great event. Thank you to the hugely talented and dedicated instructor team; as well as to all the dedicated attendee's that came out. Also, congratulations to our new Rifleman!

On that note, did I see John Serrano getting a Rifleman's Patch? Proving once a Marine, always a Marine; living the creed that every Marine is a Rifleman first. Ooh Rah Marine!! So glad to see you made it.  O0

DrRichP

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

martin

It really looks like you guys had a great event. A full line full of eager students, could a shoot boss ask for more? Nice job everyone! O0
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Trisha

Looks like a pretty full line! I would say Wisconsin was full of successful events this weekend like this one! Congrats all and thank you for spending your weekend at the Racine AS!

Leadlined

Plus, SingleStack320 picks up a hat!   

Welcome to the Wisconsin cadre!   ..:..

-Martin Luther

9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss

Laredo

Looks like a great shoot!!

Glad to see SingleStack pick up a hat!!!!
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

BrightSparc

I can't believe the Young Marines went through almost 5,000 rounds.  Wow! 

And they really came together and beat the older generation in battleship.