News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lodi, WI April 16-17, 2016 AAR

Started by Trisha, April 16, 2016, 11:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

What a beautiful weekend to spend celebrating our Liberty and Patriotism. Thank you to all the shooters who came today and I hope to see you tomorrow!

Trisha

We had a great weekend! This Appleseed was sold out with 35 shooters and each shooter worked hard and hopefully learned a lot.

We ended up with 6 new Riflemen and 1 that re qualified. Paul, Michael, Rob, Pat, David and Scott worked hard and earned their first Rifleman patch this weekend!! And Aaron re-qualified this weekend as well! Great job to the Riflemen and I hope everyone continues to work hard towards their Riflemen patches too!

Wisconsin has two new Orange Hats as well! Aaron(fox-wi) and Jeff(slothman) both took on the new brightly colored hats, welcome aboard and thank you for stepping up!

Please feel free to add your thoughts in about this weekend! Pictures coming soon.

Trisha

Trisha

Trisha

Trisha

More to come...but don't let me be lonely here on this thread...I want to hear from others!  ;D

martin

Trish, I think I recognize a couple of those young ladies in the pictures!Congratulations on having a great event!
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Weezer

Trisha - you look GREAT!  *where is the big puffy cartoon heart emoticon when I need it?*

Looks like you had a fabulous event.   :)
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

Trisha

Quote from: Weezer on April 18, 2016, 10:52:17 PM
Trisha - you look GREAT!  *where is the big puffy cartoon heart emoticon when I need it?*

Looks like you had a fabulous event.   :)

Why thank you! We did have a great event!

roblong

Thanks to everyone that help put on the Lodi event!  The weather was beautiful, and a couple great days of instruction and shooting!

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

- Rob

Kholin

Thank you all for coming out on this Patriots Day weekend to remember the sacrifices that have been made on our behalf, why they were made, and to make use of some of the liberties our fore bearers bought us by their sacrifices!  :---

It was great to work with and learn from all of you, Student and Instructor alike!  :bow:  I look forward to seeing each of you again in the future on the trail!

Kholin

---
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The Way of Kings, Brandon Sanderson

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."― Tom Paine

"We must be willing to pay a price for freedom." -H.L. Mencken

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." -H.L. Mencken

Slothman

Thank you all for putting on a great event this weekend! Iron sights proved to be more of a challenge than I thought they would be, but I'm not giving up on them yet ... Yet!

It was great meeting everyone, I hope you all had as good a time as I did.  I hope to see all of you at another Appleseed.

I had an excellent time, and am excited, nervous, and proud to be a new IIT.  Next up, the IBC!  Ack!
2015-06-06 - Appleseed 1 / Rifleman - Eagle/McMiller, WI
2016-04-16 - Appleseed 2 / IIT - Lodi, WI
2017-08-27 - "Red Hat" Instructor - Monroe, WI

LGLDLR

What a fantastic weekend. Like most shoots that I've been to the best thing about this weekend was the shooters. Without them this program wouldn't grow and the fact that we gained two more orange hats by the end of the weekend is awesome. Congrats to WI-fox and slothman and welcome aboard. Everyone who came this weekend had an open mind and a teachable attitude. Like myself, most people who came to their first Appleseed this weekend came not knowing what to really expect. But by the end of the weekend were so happy they made that decision to spend their weekend there. Whether or not they scored riflemen all of the shooters this weekend learned something and made a step forward in their journey to becoming a rifleman. A big thanks to everyone that was there and helped me continue that journey by becoming a better instructor.

ahhshoot

STILL the best way to spend a weekend.
My hats off to the shooters for sticking it out both days, cause they were hot days on the beach!
Congrats to the Riflemen and the new IITs.  :~
Look foreword to seeing you all again.
The past is only the future with the lights on.

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

RustyRed

Great job everyone,hope to see you all out again :--- :--- O0

Trisha

More pictures!

Trisha

Our Redcoat Challenge winners. They won Vortex hats....looking good everyone!  ;D

2nd and 3rd place winners on the star shoot

1st place winners on the star shoot, winning Vortex hats as well! Looks great on you guys too!  :cool2:

Trisha

Jeff cleared the Redcoat!

Look at all that centerfire brass! Love seeing that

Our group picture after lunch:

Trisha

Aaron requalified as Rifleman with a 219!

First Appleseed, First AQT scoring a 215, way to go Paul!

Again, first Appleseed, first AQT, Michael scored a 217!

Trisha

Then on Sunday...Rob scored Rifleman with a 229!

David scores Rifleman with a 213...I think, please correct me if I am wrong.

And lastly Pat with a 226! Great job everyone!

Wisconsin's two newest Orange hats, Aaron and Jeff

Aaron had to showoff his pink shirt  ;D

DrRichP

Great pictures. Thanks to our instructor crew who put on a great event and heartfelt thanks to all who showed up and made this event a huge success!  O0
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

RangerTee

Great job to all of the instructors and thanks for posting all of the pictures!! 
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."  - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (Japanese Navy, 1942)