News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Colebrook, CT April 16-17, 2016

Started by Jay Haich, April 15, 2016, 02:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Haich

(It's a placeholder.... incase you were wondering)

It's getting late so I will just drop a few pics..... to show it did happen

It was cold (+/-36 deg) with a stiff breeze this morning, and a little early for some

That's TomInCT (ShootBoss) showing sight alignment; he is not praying for more attentive shooters

Using a laser and a demo rifle to show how to make NPOA adjustments

Carding the sights

First Strike

2nd Strike

More to follow
Be Safe
JH
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Fred; Quoted (out of context) at an IBC on Battle Road 2011 "All it takes is a Red Hat and a Sharpie to run an Appleseed."
We ALL know this is not true and I would like to thank all the Hats, Admin and other volunteers that are involved in making an Appleseed Shoot happen.....

scout74

Outstanding staff, facility and weekend!! Happy Patriots Day!!
10/22/16 Rifleman

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Thomas Jefferson
"You'll have noise soon enough,the regulars are out!" Paul Revere
"The first man who turns to run, I will shoot down myself.  Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean for a war let it begin here." Capt. John Parker

https://www.facebook.com/AppleseedCT/

TOMINCT

An outstanding Patriot's day event it was!

21 shooters attended the event and , we hope, left with a better understanding of the actions and aftermath of 19 April 1775. Saturday's instruction and the telling of the three strikes was well received and we had a few rifleman and several others that have shown steady improvement.

As far as results go, William steadily improved thru the weekend to attain a core of 213. Not to be outdone Will's dad Andries did the same and received a score of 222 for his efforts.

Repeat riflemen John qualified with a 220 and a 230 score, James made the cut several times with a high of 212 with a quirky acting bolt and a 247 with his faithful Marlin semi.

Other shooters pushing it were Sean with a 205, Andrew with a 202, Kyle with a 180 and Russell with a 179.

Our junior contingent of Max, Nadia and Etienne did well with Max scoring a 188 in our designated marksman corps.

Our Sunday volley of 17 shooters also included the IT corps. The day wound down with the afternoon redcoat.

Our IT crew of Heavyduty77, freedomwon, AICIRTAP and BCodes did their best at safety and teaching, spending extra time on Sunday for the finer points to help individual shooters get better and leave with a good foundation for continuing their progress. A big thank you goes to them, it's a great crew to work with.

A big thank you to NWCSA for the use of the range and having food available. The club has been hosting event since 2009 and we look forward to others there in the future.

A Rifleman persists.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

AICIRTAP

here are some photos, will post more tonight...

Josey Wales

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

TOMINCT

Lotsa great pics, but everyone needs to pull their leg up! ~~:) ~~:)
Ramseur 2-12!

AICIRTAP

here are the rest as promised...

Jay Haich

Preparing mentally for a 2nd great day of Appleseed

Result of 5 groups of volley fire, note the Musket Ball hole in the lower left Red Coat

First Rifleman of the weekend. Congrats William! (This put pressure on his dad)

Fortunately Andries rose to the occasion and followed in his son's footsteps with scores of 118 and 222

We are very proud of our Young Patriots

Heavyduty77 providing specific instruction (look at his hand :) )

Staying connected to the modern world. Were they checking to see how many Patriots they could call on ("hash tag" 10, 100, 1000...)?

One correction to TomInCT's summary:
My trusty Marlin 795 was on loan to Andries, so I shot the 247 with a beautiful 10/22 replica (only the magazines were made by Ruger).
(full disclosure - the Marlin has helped me to a personal best of 248)

Be Safe
JH
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Fred; Quoted (out of context) at an IBC on Battle Road 2011 "All it takes is a Red Hat and a Sharpie to run an Appleseed."
We ALL know this is not true and I would like to thank all the Hats, Admin and other volunteers that are involved in making an Appleseed Shoot happen.....

TOMINCT

Great pics! Thanks for sharing them.

Also noted that as soon as I took off the smiley face and got serious  ~~:), most everybody pulled their leg up! Looks like we need more o'dat! ~~:) ~~:)
Ramseur 2-12!

VietVet

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Grumpy1

Great Job Conneticiut  O0
Congrats to all our Rifleman! O0 O0
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson