News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor BBQ?

Started by PHenry, April 14, 2016, 04:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

To all instructors and family,
I am thinking it's well past time for a get together. some time to spend among our fellow instructors and families - away from the firing line. They make a nice morale booster and strengthen the bonds among the local cadre.

We did one years ago at Myakka - not sure if that is an option now, but I'll bet HSC would hook us up with a range and some space for a get together. Or, we can simply pick a house and do it - no shooting. I would be happy to host and cook.

Chime in with any suggestions (about the BBQ - I am already familiar with my myriad faults  ^-^)

PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

stoneknives

"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

Cable___Guy

I Fancy myself a pretty Decant BBQ cook. I make mean Spare ribs on the big green egg.   When is everyone thinking?

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

TomM1Thumb

Any thing within 300 miles is fine with Me
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

airplanejoe

Dates? If my memory serves me well, last one was the 4th of July 2012.
aj

308LIBERTY

Hailing from TX, it's practically a cardinal sin to pass up on good BBQ.  O0
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

PHenry

QuoteAny thing within 300 miles is fine with Me
O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

TomM1Thumb

As the Real Estate People say Location, Location, Location, anywhere within 300 miles of Deland FL.
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

308LIBERTY

I LOVE that idea, just not the date. :( cause I'll be in north Georgia.

Quote from: Engineer shooting on April 19, 2016, 07:50:16 PM
Suggest Isaac Davis Memorial Range 7-8 May, before SUMMER comes. Camping, family friendly, covered 25 meter range, 400 yards of steel ringin for them that can.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Engineer shooting

Tallahassee, FL May 14-15, 2016 Appleseed. We already have eleven Instructors most camping.

What happens at IDMR stays at IDMR.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

B.C.

I'm down for that, I'll be camping Friday and Saturday that weekend for the IDMR shoot anyway. Looking forward to it.......
Would anyone be interested in a friendly pistol match / competition Friday in the PM hours of May 13th???
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

smoakingun

why don't we find a weekend with no students?
I can talk to the Gwinn family about using the farm again.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

PHenry

I like it!

Would still like to come to T-town if I can.

B.C.

Ah yes, I see the instructor ranks are growing for the IDMR shoot this weekend on 5.14-15. 6 students and 16 instructors. Looks like a BBQ to me and an EPIC time for all. Lucky students with 2.6 instructors each. This will be interesting indeed........WOW!

9mm4545

Quote from: mecreos on April 27, 2016, 09:12:12 AM
I'm down for that, I'll be camping Friday and Saturday that weekend for the IDMR shoot anyway. Looking forward to it.......
Would anyone be interested in a friendly pistol match / competition Friday in the PM hours of May 13th???

Pistols? Why not? Goes bang, right?
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Cable___Guy

We will Forge new rifleman with overwhelming support.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

B.C.

Sounds fun! I believe our host has a few steel pistols targets we could use........