News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Baconton, GA 9 April 2016 Southwest Georgia Shooting Association

Started by goose, April 13, 2016, 08:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose

Getting back to the AAR...

work gets in the way of the volunteer duties...

We could not have had a better Saturday on the 9th of April to spend time with both new and returning Appleseed students, aspiring marksmen/women, and the camaraderie that is infused throughout.  We kept together until it really was time to wrap up the day, almost reluctantly leaving the range while the sun was still up, but after 6pm.

Greg and Miki persevering to earn Greg a Rifleman patch, and Miki since getting her 10/22 customized to fit her and resulting in a Stage 3  single silhouette that was almost fully punched to prove the "fit" was just the right ergonomics!

Tony making consistent hits that count while making it look easy; James steadily improving through the day, and look forward to seeing you both in October!

Bubba and Michelle getting the routine down and working through the fundamentals of Appleseed Marksmanship.  Honorable mention of Bubba towing the Big BBQ in case the crowd was bigger, but running the small grill for lunch--Thank you!

A huge Thank YOU to Greg for the constant support of hosting Appleseed, to Steve for stepping up to get your feet wet on the admin table and joining Dr. John and myself on the line to run the event.

Again, my hat is off to Dr. John for making the NE to SW crossing of Georgia to join me on the line and producing another wonderful Appleseed at Baconton.

"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable..." - H.L. Mencken

DrJohn

I can take that (more to come) above in two ways. The obvious way is that Goose is going to post more in the AAR and he just intended the above as a placeholder. The other way is that Appleseed has established a firm foothold in South Georgia thanks to the tireless efforts of Greg and Steve, our two stalwart Patriots and "boots on the ground". And that Appleseed is going to have many more events at Baconton. As far as this instructor is concerned, this was one of the safest and most pleasant events I can remember. My thanks to Goose for his role as Shoot Boss, to Dottie, who does such an excellent job running the admin table, and especially our gallant students. Huzza, all and I hope to see y'all again soon.
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....