News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, CA APRIL 9-10

Started by NorCal22Gal, April 13, 2016, 05:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

April showers bring May flowers...and riflemen...

18 determined Americans came out this weekend to better their shooting skills and to hear about our heritage.

Saturday was damp... a light rain alllll day. 

Safety briefing started us off, then the morning red coat.

This group proved they were ready to brave the damp and learn to shoot well.  The attention they paid and then putting what we taught them to work on the line was evident as the group sizes began to change.  Some widened as old habits were broken, some shrank as new habits were formed.  The groups that grew as habits changed began to shrink as well.

We broke for lunch and shared the history of April 19, 1775 to an attentive audience. 

The volley honoring those who sacrificed their lives for liberty was done on the large red coats after lunch.  It was an amazing sound of liberty!

We got one AQT in Saturday afternoon.  No Rifleman scores, but some nice numbers giving us a taste of what was to come on Sunday.

Sunday started out damp, but changed to just cloudy with some sun peeking out. 

The first red coat had 2 clear rounds.

The review of Saturday went well and showed that our students remembered what we taught. 

The first AQT before lunch gave us our first Rifleman.  Andy shot a 219.  He went on to shot 6 more Rifleman scores, proving that the first was not luck, but that he knew very well what he was about. A total of 7 scores : 219, 213, 217, 220, 225, 225, 227.  K.C.  gave us the second Rifleman of the day with a 225!  He also cleared both Red Coats of the day! :---

It was a great weekend, with great participants and instructors!  Just the way you want a Patriot's shoot to go!!

Thank you all and hope to see you out again sometime.

BIG THANKS TO THE INSTRUCTORS FOR MAKING THIS A GREAT EVENT!!   ^:)^

Instructor name                                   Forum name
Laurie (shoot boss)                              NorCal22Gal
Joe                                                        eaglescouter
Matthew                                                Scoutcamper
Vinnie                                                    Vinnie
Linda                                                      Ducky
Hans                                                       Libertarian777

Books mentioned:
Paul Revere's Ride
Washington's Crossing
Both by David Hackett Fischer

kcw64

Thanks for providing excellent instruction and the extra help with my father. We both had a great time and Plan to attend again in the future! It took us a while to get to one, but we made it! Super glad it was the April event. I didn't know in advance that it was a special one. So glad we made it and again, thanks to ALL the instructors   ~~:) for helping me get "Rifleman". Was harder than I thought and it was definitely harder than attaining my Expert Marksman ribbon at basic training.

Was a great weekend with great people!  O0

kcw64

My dad and I are planning to attend again, but up in Red Bluff this time (my birth place) in November. We ordered an M1 Garand from CMP so I want to try getting another Rifleman using that. Dad wants to use his AR-15. He is excited for that one.

NorCal22Gal

Can't wait to see you up here!