News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elverson, PA - 2016Apr09-10

Started by mal, April 12, 2016, 10:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

Well, hats off to all the attendees that stuck it out at this event.  I have been running events most every month for about half a decade and this had to be probably the most miserable conditions so far.  Not the coldest, not the wettest, but over-all the most miserable, combining freezing or near freezing temps, a bit of snow and a good bit of sleet/rain, a fair bit of wind at times... and then on top of that about 4-6 inches of clay mud that found its way onto and into just about everything.  With a little prep, and a lot of scrounging we managed to tarp off enough of the area, the firing line and a path to the target line on Sunday to keep the mud if not concurred, at least at bay.  The notion of a "Mudseed" event was spoken more than once...

We managed to requal 1 Rifleman, Jeff with a 211.  Congrats! 

We also turned out 1 PA First Rifle, Sam Jr.  Congrats to you as well! 

Phil uploaded his album for y'all to see.  Thank you Phil for the pics!
https://goo.gl/photos/P2Su7KdDYiiKNvAG8

I'll post the few I have as well below. 

Thank you all for coming out!  I hope to see you again... under dryer conditions I hope! :) 

And a big thank you to a fantastic instructor crew (AppleseedPhil, crouthamela, navionpa, Roverace) who found a way to overcome the obsolesces thrown before us, and still pull off a safe, fun and informative event.  You guys rock! 

Last but not least, thank you Kevin for helping out to the very end.  We owe ya.
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Mudseed - Elverson, PA 2016
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Rifleman Jeff.  Congrats!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

PA First Rile Sam Jr.  Well done!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Saturday on the line
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

How many more tarps do we have to hose off? 
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams