News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Midland, TX April 9-10, 2016

Started by scuzzy, April 12, 2016, 10:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

This was probably the best bunch of shooters I've ever seen in all my years in Appleseed. Everybody had evidently read the how to prepare info, had their rifles setup with slings, and were prepared in all ways.

Early Saturday morning a big storm front blew in about 2:30am (talk about a wakeup call) and it rained and rained - up until about 7:30. Then stopped and cleared out. As usual for Midland though the wind never stopped blowing. Hard.

19 Shooters showed up on Saturday with 18 returning on Sunday. The shooters were really good. No safety issues and man could they shoot. We gave out 4 patches on Saturday alone. And another 4 on Sunday.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Weezer

EIGHT Riflemen?!   HUZZAH!    :---
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

CG59

YUUUUGGGH Success!
There's a saying- 'When the student is ready, the instructor will appear'.
Well, apparantly that is what occurred this weekend!
We really want to thank Chuck and Kirby for making the trek (and bringing the rain).
Special thanks to Milt for coming down from New Mexico and sharing his knowledge and expertise with the group, and especially the Rifleman with the .223/EoTech.
I greatly appreciated Diane's leading the prayer and the pledge and I found Carl's safety talk simple and solid.
Thanks to John for running an expertly timed grind.
Shooting conditions were good, of COURSE the wind blew, but the rain Friday night did settle the dust somewhat.
Sunday was pretty windy and temps reached into the 80's, folks stayed hydrated and Riflemen were made.
In quick sum, it is not likely that such a combination of experience with willingness to learn will come together again soon, and 8 Riflemen will probably remain an MSA record for a while.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms  is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."  Thomas Jefferson

Tejas

Quote from: CG59 on April 13, 2016, 10:47:37 AM
... and 8 Riflemen will probably remain an MSA record for a while.

A record now...but I'd rather consider it just a good start!

Clay

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Johnny

WOW! Eight Rifleman! Fantastic!  O0
"GOD has intrusted you with educating your children. Teach them all that you know!"
"There is a circle of protection you put your family in. For some this is extended to friends, and for others, even to total strangers." Quote from "Gralen".

Ramblin' Wreck

Looks like a great day. Congratulations.  ^:)^ I was in Texas that weekend but not close enough to make this event. I'm looking forward to coming out to work with y'all soon.

Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown