News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Central Alabama Gun Club April 9-10

Started by General Stuart, April 12, 2016, 08:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Stuart

The Central Alabama Gun Club is the nicest range this Instructor has ever worked at. The facility is great, and the members we met there were most gracious in assisting us. Our shooters for the weekend were equally impressed and enjoyed a comfortable weekend practicing Americas greatest past time.

Two shooters came out to enjoy a beautiful weekend. A stiff breeze kept us cool while the sun was out in force. Both Ryan and Scott brought with them some of the most teachable attitudes I have ever seen. Egos were securely lock away all weekend. I can't praise them enough for making the shoot a breeze for us Instructors.

Ryan, I applaud you for coming out with the goal of improving your marksmanship. You did not let pride nor the AQT distract you from your purpose. You came to us shooting about 8-10 MOA. At Appleseed, we say a Rifleman persists and you did exactly that. When we shot our last group on Sunday at 100 yards, you had put together a 3 MOA group. You showed perfect Steady Hold Factors. You flawlessly implemented the Six Steps, and you let Natural Point Of Aim do its work. Job well done Sir.

Scott, you had been to an Appleseed before, and we could tell that it had it left its mark on you. After a refresher on the finer points, you were back in the black. It was impressive to watch you. You rightly recognized when fatigue set in, and you did not let frustration build and impede your progress. One of the highlights of the weekend was having you use that fine M1 Garand to shoot 100 yards. You proved that what we teach at 25m with a smaller caliber rifle also works at greater distance with a .30 cal.

The shooters were a great group, and engaged with us in the telling of how this nation started on April 19th 1775. My many thanks to them for making the trip worth it.
"I am resigned; Gods will be done."
Major General J.E.B Stuart

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.