News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cabela's Fun Shoots July 9

Started by Weezer, April 05, 2016, 06:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weezer

Texas Cadre - here's an opportunity to have some fun and get the word out about Appleseed!

The Ft. Worth and Allen Cabela's stores will be hosting BB gun ranges on July 9 from 10am - 2pm.   They are in need of 2 - 3 instructors at each location to teach basic marksmanship, safety rules and such.   I am jealous that I won't be able to go, as I'll be out of town for work; however, anyone who wants to go will be guaranteed a good time.  Any day's a good day when you're shooting (or helping other people shoot), right?    ;) :~

If you are interested, please reply to this thread or send me a PM and I'll be sure to get you on the list.   
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

Weezer

Is this thing on?   *knocks on computer screen*

What if I sweeten the deal by offering up my q-tip collection to the first person who volunteers?    ;D
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

scuzzy

Bump.

The Sportsmen's Alliance, who is sponsoring this, could use some help.

I received another message below:

I was following up on a request for volunteers to help run some shooting ranges at some events we are holding with Cabela's on July 9. We need 2-3 volunteers to help run BB gun ranges at the following stores from 10-2: ·         Allen
·         Buda
·         Fort Worth
·         League City (Houston)
We are going to be using the Daisy inflatable ranges http://www.daisy.com/range. Volunteers will teach safety and help cock guns for the day.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Weezer

Another bump. 

As Scuzzy said, the Sportsman's Alliance is hosting these fun shoots.  They are, as the name implies, a lot of FUN and it's a great way to get the word out about Appleseed.    ;)

Please take a look at your calendar and either post here or send me a PM if you can commit to any of the venues listed.    A thousand thank-yous to anyone who can step up and help out!   :bow: O0

Weezer

Good Morning!

TEAM TEXAS!  We could really use some good looking marksmen and women to help staff the fun shoots at the Allen,  Buda, Ft. Worth and League City (Houston) Cabela's stores.    The shoots are FUN!  And you're at CABELA'S!  And you're talking about APPLESEED as you help kids (and parents) with their marksmanship skills!   Could your day get any better? 

Ask yourself the following questions:

* Am I good looking?   (Say yes.)
* Do I like to have fun?   (Say yes.)
* Do I have anything more important to do on July 9?  (Say no...unless your boss has you on the schedule that weekend.  In which case, Boo!)
* Do I want to inspire others to come to Appleseed, mainly because of my good looks, my awesome marksmanship skills and my snazzy April 19 t-shirt?
   (Say yes!)
* Do I want to make Weezer the happiest State Coordinator in the universe?   (Say yes - because when I'm happy, I share my bourbon.)

The first person who volunteers wins an evening at our house sampling a fine assortment of single malt scotches and blended whiskeys.  And we'll throw in some BBQ, just for fun.     Now what are you waiting for?  LOG IN!  SIGN UP!  WIN!!!!    (Merely respond to this thread and I'll take care of the rest.)