News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ohio has a new Instructor welcome Medicus

Started by Corvette, March 29, 2016, 07:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Ohio Appleseed

I just got this PM from Medicus. He recently relocated to Cincy area and is looking to engage with AS Ohio. Please join me in welcoming Medicus to the Ohio Appleseed team. We look forward to working with him on the trail this summer. O0

Corvette

PM received from Medicus

"I relocated to Cincinnati from Alaska, where I made Red Hat on Patriot's Day 2015 under Fisherdawg and Itsansks. I'm pursuing surgical training here in Ohio, but I've got 4 weeks of vacation coming up this year. Requests are going to start opening up for the 2016-17 academic year in the next few weeks. I don't know enough Ohio geography yet to know which shoots are within striking distance of Cincinnati throughout the Tri-state area, but I'd be willing to try to time a week or two this year to support some shoots so I don't slide down into the ranks of inactive instructors. I'd love to precept some late fall or winter shoots- the weather doesn't faze us on the Last Frontier.

If you can help me sort out some shoots that are reasonably close and fall after 1 July, I'd love to head over to TIPS and sign up. Please let me know!

Yours very respectfully,

Medicus (aka Sean)"
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Medicus

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

"Just relax in the sling; we're going to make fun of you." -Pete!

DrRichP

Happy to have you with us medicus! Best of luck and keep in touch!!

Dr Rich P
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Guntuckian

Welcome!  Border Raiders are always welcome to the south of you in Kentucky!

-- Gary
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

little buddy

welcome to the ohio team we look forward to working with you

Cadence

Welcome Medicus, looking forward to working with you.

Finally - A Medicus for the rest of us. (apologies to Seinfeld)
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

hogfamily

Ok Ohio, you can borrow Medicus...only until he moves back to Alaska!

I have worked with him and his son on many-an-Appleseed.

His whole family is AWESOME! We greatly miss them!

HUZZAH!

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

MTRisner

Welcome aboard Medicus! Glad to have you. I relocated from Washington State last year. See you on the trail.

MTRisner
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."     ~ John Adams (A letter to Abigail Adams; Philadelphia, Saturday evening, 26 April, 1777)

�...Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about,...�     ~Lord Hugh Percy

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."     ~ Ben Franklin

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"     ~ Patrick Henry

Corvette

Hog family, what makes you think we are going to let him go back to Alaska? ðŸ˜,,

In any case we are damn glad to have him with us for as long as he is here.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

EZ3

Welcome, from a border-raider across the state.  Ohio is hitting the Trail pretty heavy these days, they need all the help they can get!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Charley

Welcome to Ohio! Look forward to working with you on the trail!

Del

Welcome to Ohio! Wilmington is probably the closest to cincy area. There's an event the two weeks if your up for it.

Del

Pete!

Oh my Gods, you have no idea what you are in for.  It's a platoon-sized job keeping Medicus' ego in check!  ;D I hope Ohio is up to the task!
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

GoldFish

Hoorah, sir!  Ohio is an awesome state.
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Medicus

Quote from: Pete! on April 04, 2016, 04:15:40 AM
Oh my Gods, you have no idea what you are in for.  It's a platoon-sized job keeping Medicus' ego in check!  ;D I hope Ohio is up to the task!

In fairness, Pete, that's just an estimate, because my ego has yet to actually be contained...
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

"Just relax in the sling; we're going to make fun of you." -Pete!

Pete!

Quote from: Medicus on April 04, 2016, 09:30:26 PM
Quote from: Pete! on April 04, 2016, 04:15:40 AM

In fairness, Pete, that's just an estimate, because my ego has yet to actually be contained...

I was careful to say "in check". We canna keep it contained!
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)