News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

241 years ago

Started by Engineer shooting, March 23, 2016, 07:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Two hundred and forty-one years ago Patrick Henry stood in St. Johns Church, Richmond, Virginia, gave this speech. The liberty of America has never been more under the threat of eradication that it is today and his words ring as true today as the day they are uttered.

Today I ask those of you who are true Patriots, those who still believe in man's unalienable rights, to read these words Patrick Henry said and to remember the great blessing of liberty that makes America different from every other nation on earth.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

misawa

Aside from the rousing end, this part near the beginning always gets me:
QuoteShould I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country and of an act of disloyalty towards the majesty of Heaven which I revere above all earthly kings.

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata