News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Mt. Pleasant, MI. March 19 - 20, 2016

Started by Graywolf, March 21, 2016, 07:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

What a great time we had at the Isabella County Sportman's Club.  This was their first event and it went very well.  We had 9 shooters come to the line and 4 of them qualified as rifleman before the event was over.  We had several others knocking on the door with scores in the high 190s into the 200s.  It was an exciting time for sure.

Congratulations to John, Scott, Jerry and Kyle on scoring rifleman.  Very well done, gentlemen.  Well done indeed.

Also a big acknowledgement to our two young patriots, Kylie and Audrie (13 & 12 yrs old.)  They stuck it out through 30 degree temps and really made progress.  Kylie was scoring in the 190s by the end of the event.  Well done ladies!

Kelly, Robert and David also were knocking on the door.  Hang in there!  A rifleman persists.  You will get it done soon I am sure.

A huge thank you to all the folks at the Isabella County Sportsman's Club for all the support given us at this event.  You were all indispensable and I really appreciated your efforts.

I will post up pics as soon as I can get them off my camera and reformatted.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Graywolf

And now for the pics:
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

William G. Gruff III

Despite the cold mornings Isabella County Sportman's Club was a great event! I look forward to attending more Appleseeds down there soon.
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats - Matthew 25:32

Silver Beaver

As a representative of the Isabella County Sportsman's Club Board of Directors, I would like to thank Graywolf and William G. Gruff III for the excellent job they did in running this event.  This was the first Appleseed event I had the pleasure to attend and was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience.

The program is great for teaching marksmanship in all positions and the event is run in a very safe manner.  The sheer number of shots fired in the course of the day helps provide timely feedback, allowing a participant to quickly fix errors in position or technique.  The instructional talks in between courses of fire help one to focus on the areas they need to improve.  Also the historical sessions relating events of the Revolutionary War, gave us a greater appreciation for the country in which we live and the sacrifices made by those who came before us.

Once again, Thanks to Graywolf and William G. Gruff III for a great weekend.