News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento, CA March 12-13, 2016

Started by PinBreaker, March 21, 2016, 02:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinBreaker

I had a fabulous time at the 2016 Winter Mudseed event hosted by the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center.  The mud was somewhat sticky, but not objectionably so.  Oh wait!  We were there for marksmanship...

We had a great bunch of shooters out there Saturday and Sunday.  Despite the weather, the day ran right on schedule, knocking out two AQTs after all of the instruction was completed on Saturday and a gob on AQTs on Sunday.  The weather was a factor as the mud spraying back from the berm was destroying the targets in some cases.  It might be time to think about cutting up some of our old Coroplast sheet target backers for rain use.  It was nice to be mostly on gravel, though.  We didn't have the usual Appleseed trailer since my truck was dead, but Laurie was nice enough to left me borrow her supplies.  The shooters all practiced good safety.  Watch those late fires!   !@#)  The 3 strikes were covered on Saturday and some of the personal stories on were told on Sunday.  The targets were a bit on the soft side to score at times, but several new shooters looked to be in the high 190s, low 200s.  I would encourage all to take advantage of dry firing at home to get your platform stable and do some rifleman's yoga (practice the seated positions) in front of the tele.  All of the shooters are capable of shooting the Rifleman score, so keep up the good work.

FourFans

" Rifleman's yoga",, I like that, lol.. Fair warning, I am going to steal that.
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY