News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bakersfield, CA. March 11-12, 2016 AAR

Started by Cal 7.62, March 19, 2016, 09:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal 7.62

Rain was promised for later on Fri. afternoon, but that did not deter our 4 students from the Link family on Fri. morning.  O0 The AM redcoat groups looked very promising for these returning Appleseeders.   :--- Our morning was progressing just fine when right around noon it started raining. We moved the rifles out of the rain and broke for lunch.  :pop: After the shooters came back from the range house with their lunches, we started telling the 3 Strikes. The rain steadily increased along with the wind. We hadn't set up the easy up yet and were trying to use the side of our students van as a wind and rain block, but it wasn't working all that well.  $$-0 We then attempted to put up both ours and the students easy ups at the same time. Even using REAL tent stakes & motorcycle tie downs to secure it to their van, the wind threatened to rip both of them to shreds.  :slap: Paul said he'd had enough inclement weather at his last Appleseed in Sunland, where outhouses were blowing across the target line.   :cool2: Already having heard the 3 strikes before, they said they'd be back tomorrow (Saturday). With no students and my IIT (Moose) who had to leave early, we called it day. BTW, thnx Moose 4 pulling my pork products out of the flames.  :bow:
To be continued.....
Feel free to chime in folks.
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Trigger Guard

Thanks for the range report Steve,

That was a great event even with the hurricane conditions on Friday.

I am very pleased with at least two of my boys achieving their Rifleman's Patch. And on my fifth try, I got it too!
Krista(16) being a bit frustrated with a loose scope, was still very close to winning her ticket. Worry not as she will certainly get it next time. We did some front yard practice today and she was shooting sub MOA like it was a normal thing to do.

Front Yard

Everybody is chomping at the bit for a KD shoot but I told them that they had to score 210 or better at 50m before I cough up that much center fire ammo. >:D

I believe all or most of the pics are on Sean's phone and as soon as he sends them to me, I will post them here.

Thanks again for all your help and guidance.

Trigger

Noah_RN

Trigger Guard

Okay, got some pics!

First is the how;

Next is the why;

The action;

And, the results!

Thanks again!
We had a great time.

Trigger