News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Norman Oklahoma (TCGC) March 19-20

Started by Scarecrow, March 17, 2016, 11:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarecrow

Post here for TriCityGunClub AAR Norman Oklahoma March 19-20

k_riley

^:)^HEY!! !!
What is the DEAL here.?
I can"t believe Scarecrow forgot to kickoff the AAR.!!!
Maybe Ive missed a link here.
If NOT I*ll get it going tomorrow
Try back again.
Kevan

45qq

Kevan beat me too it. I will start any way and say I had a great time. I learned a lot over the weekend. The instructors are very good. There were no problems. They helped me get my rifle set up so I could actually shoot. I will be there in Oct. With a new rifle.

Scarecrow

Congrats to Bruce Rosier and Matt Berrgren our two Rifleman scores for the weekend.
Tomcat should have pics up before long.

henschman

Awesome shoot -- I enjoyed it.  I saw a lot of progress over the week from everybody.

Congrats to our Riflemen, both of whom made the grade on the first day of their first Appleseed! 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Doc H

I second the awesome!!! This weekend was everything I hoped for and more. For me this first  Appleseed became "Find out how much you don't know about rifle marksmanship and American Revolution history. Thanks to all the instructors for opening my eyes-Tom for making it feel like family, Daniel for a remarkable demonstration of how to shoot an AQT, Kevan for letting me shoot your M1 and Will for running such a well controlled shoot-I've never felt safer on a firing line. 3 words to describe all of you-professional, patient, patriot. Hope to see you all again next fall.

Scarecrow

I may have erred on the name.
I show Roy Rosier on my sign in sheet.

TomCat

Congratulations to our new Riflemen! 
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

TomCat

This was a safe and dedicated group of Shooters.  Proud to be associated with each one!

TomCat

It was cold and windy both days, even with mats staked and weighted down a few still caused problems.  Much was learned by all, including Instructors.  Excellent attitudes by every Shooter made this one of my most enjoyable events.  I hope to see everyone again here in Oct.   TomCat

TomCat

Come to Tulsa Apr 16-17!

Doc H

No worries Will, I'm one of those confusing individuals that goes mainly by my middle name, but I answer to both. Most folks eventually wind up calling me "Doc".

hawkmanjr

The wife and I had a good time (was the first Appleseed for the both of us)! Wished the clinic would have been run more like an intermediate carbine/pistol class (mainly hot range and CCW welcome during the class), but obviously I understand a big aim for the program is to get new people into shooting and kindle a love for firearms in the 'safest' way possible. It would've also been nice to see a theme of 'This is a foundational marksmanship class, it is your duty to continue to train for the (gun)fight that you might be involved in (especially if that means taking up arms in order to preserve liberty). I think a quick mention of the importance of speed, follow-up shots, shooting while moving, and similar concepts would have gotten some gears moving in people's heads about the realities of stopping a threat with a firearm.

Overall very pleased with the clinic and we will be sure it is not our last!  :~