News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Montpelier, Va March 12-13, 2016

Started by The Wolfhound, March 15, 2016, 11:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

Great weather, great shooters.  Beautiful spring like weather in March in Virginia set the scene for another great shoot at the Cavalier Rifle and Pistol Club in Montpelier.  16 shooters on the line and a good crop of instructors and IITs made for a safe and productive weekend.  Under the watchful eyes of Missus Monkey, Monkey, MiniMonkey, Oddsreven, Sashok.Privetov, Rockhead, fdx98, Misawa, BD, Dangerous Cook and The Wolfhound our shooters showed great progress with by the end of the weekend 5 Riflemen emerged, 2 new and 3 repeating.  Our 5 youth were all safe and focused with Taylor joining the Riflemen on Sunday.    Special kudos to Missus Monkey who when tasked with a brand new shooter Sunday morning, not only had her safely shooting all positions but scoring a 185 by the end of the day.   There is nothing like the smile of a new shooter who hit the target!

The Wolfhound

Now that the post is actually loaded, BTT

Monkey

"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

BD

Up the Republic

Monkey

That thing that takes pictures much better than this board.

For those who are Facebook-phobic/allergic :)  I will resize and repost later this evening.

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Monkey

I keep getting the error:

An Error Has Occurred!
The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

― Hyman G. Rickover

Monkey

Another day, another shot at pictures:

Brian destroying squares on Day 1.

― Hyman G. Rickover

Monkey

Woo hoo!  It worked!

More pictures while the gettin's good- BD teaching KD, and Taylor receiving his Rifleman patch!

― Hyman G. Rickover

Monkey

More Riflemen:

Jeff and Doug (aka Tube Fed Guy  ;D ) - great job!

― Hyman G. Rickover

Monkey

Final batch of Patches:

Marc and Brian: both repeat offenders Riflemen - Nice Job!

― Hyman G. Rickover

Monkey

Continuing with the post padding picture posting:

Probably my favorite of the shoot.  Mihn first arrived on Day 2 as a FIRST TIME SHOOTER.  While the rest of the shooters were running AQTs, she received one-on-one instruction to catch her up on the Program of Instruction.  By the end of Day 2 (which is abbreviated at Cavalier due to a 1500 hard stop time), she was able to get in one AQT (~190s I think) AND she cleared the Redcoat!

Way to go!

― Hyman G. Rickover

SpeakUp

Thanks to all y'all for running a great shoot for my first Appleseed!  I went home and tweaked a few things based on what I learned (especially with my sling), and now shooting is even more fun.  Then I ordered the parts to turn the 10/22 into a solid Appleseed shooter for my son.  We'll be going to Ramseur after the summer.

And thanks to Monkey for figuring out those pictures...  ;)

Jeff

Monkey

Quote from: SpeakUp on March 25, 2016, 05:02:50 PM
Thanks to all y'all for running a great shoot for my first Appleseed!  I went home and tweaked a few things based on what I learned (especially with my sling), and now shooting is even more fun.  Then I ordered the parts to turn the 10/22 into a solid Appleseed shooter for my son.  We'll be going to Ramseur after the summer.

And thanks to Monkey for figuring out those pictures...  ;)

Jeff

Well done to you for back-to-back Rifleman patches!

― Hyman G. Rickover

iballdriver

Quote from: Monkey on March 24, 2016, 03:17:47 PM
Another day, another shot at pictures:

Brian destroying squares on Day 1.

I was giddy that whole weekend. Day one was a profound learning experience. Stamina.
That savage served me well that weekend.
Thanks to all the virginia corps for helping me get to this point in my marksmanship journey.
:)

iballdriver

Quote from: Monkey on March 24, 2016, 03:29:21 PM
Final batch of Patches:

Marc and Brian: both repeat offenders Riflemen - Nice Job!

My p.b. of 217. with a bolt action. :)
Perfect weekend.