News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Livingston, NY March 12, 2016

Started by Grumpy1, March 14, 2016, 06:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy1

New Yorks 1st Event of 2016 was a Great Success!
Kalicoontie Rod and Gun Club welcomed Appleseed with open arms!
We had 10 students join us on a balmy early March Day,
We hoped for a Winterseed( I even had patches), but alas mid 50s and sunny skys did not a snowfall make :'(
Students hung in for intensive instruction, and by the end of the day everyone showed improvement :~
Father and Son Mike and Tim, held their own on the far side of the line, Mike showed some impressive skill as a left handed shooter using a right handed bolt O0
Ridge followed them up consistantly showing improvement throughout the day.
Cathy had spoke to us many time about attending an event, we were glad to see her on the line and we hope to see her again.
Misty returned with some new equipment to continue her pursuit of Rifleman, she worked thru some equiptment issues, but I'm sure she will be back again.
John banged away with our only centerfire on the line....way over there... He had a problem with his scope, but he self diagnosed it and was able to get back on track O0
Dave pushed through the pain and stayed on the line throughout the day, showing Great improvement!
Pat and Ray..... What can I say, you guys are Great Sports, always smiling and laughing, Its always our pleasure to see you ;D
I would also like to thank my Instructors, dude, longrange, drifter52, kimbers, DonC ,nintendo,and sharebare, you guys did a Awesome Job, and really make my job easy and rewarding.

We had one Young Patriot, Tim! :--- Tim completed every course of fire safely and he followed all of the instuction O0 Great Job!
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Boru

Thanks Grumpy1 and Instructors  for another great week.
Lesson learned this weekend. If using open aperture sight and wearing prescription glasses, beware when your shooting in a prone position, you must maintain your sight picture thru' the optical center of the shooting eye Lens. its normal the glasses will move upward and sideways, changing your sight line about  the optical center.. an indicator is groups "wandering" up. down, sideways but staying in a tight group. I don't know yet if this also applies to Scopes
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine