News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA March 12-13, 2016 After Action Report

Started by bob 210, March 14, 2016, 11:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

We were joined by 8 great Americans on this perfect weekend of weather in the green beauty of Piru to see 2 new men join the ranks of Riflemen and we had the opportunity to welcome a new IIT on board to help with bailing out the ship! More to come, post you pics and comments here!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Pb-J

Hello and a great big portion of Gratitude to Dan, Cameron, Boris and especially to Bob, he is well titled as a hero.

I appreciate that I was not the only student on the Rifleman's trail, I did learn from several students and the feeling of their camaraderie and spirit is great to have.  I have been to several weekends in Piru to reach the 210-mark and this Saturday was the day when I met and even exceeded that level.  I nearly repeated my performance on Sunday, just not as high of a score.  But there were several of us on Sunday who hit the 400yd-Redcoat & the shingle and I did clear the Sunday-PM Redcoat target sheet.  So maybe I am redeemed.
Again, the volunteers and help that I received were/was invaluable on my quest.  I hope to payback some of their effort and see how/when I can wear a new orange hat and help the cause.  Measuring up to the A.S. standards would mean a lot.
Thank you,
-jeff

Camljr

Jeff.... CONGRATS!   :~ :~ :~   O0

Your road was long, but your efforts were rewarded!

Your journey as a Rifleman has just begun...

I am sure you will enjoy it, as I do!   ~~:)

I met some good people on Saturday...

Many more Riflemen in the making.

Who was the second Rifleman? Sorry I missed that.

Cam
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Redfeather

Quote from: Pb on Purpose on March 14, 2016, 05:15:38 PM
wear a new orange

I wish I was there. I have that special not-so-new orange hat with 'the boris' tag just for that occasion.
Gratz man.

Pb-J

.. .. ..  journey as a Rifleman has just begun...

Who was the second Rifleman? Sorry I missed that.

Cam
[/quote]

I believe that Trevor was the one who [on Sunday] earned his Rifleman's patch.   I have yet to see his photo posted.
-jeff

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

twobeagles

Congratulations Jeff! Welcome aboard to your instructor path.  ^:)^
Twobeagles (Ronnie) & Rocdale (Chris)
Looking forward to seeing you on the trail. ..:..

Pb-J

Hi Ronnie,
You were there on my first A.S.Day  & wore your brand new Red-hat on my second A.S.Day!
Chris made an important safety correction for me on my next weekend.
The both of you offered me lots of technique and honest critique.
I thank you both.

On a humorous note, did anyone else hear Trevor do his Gomer Pile imitation on the firing line?   He even dressed a little like that young Private - if you saw his stature you to would snicker with his enthusiasm.   Am I the only one old enough to remember that TV-show?
-jeff

bob 210

And welcome Jeff our new IIT!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

bob 210

Our other new Rifleman was Trevor!