News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Azusa, CA 12 Mar 2016

Started by Rocket Man, March 14, 2016, 03:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Man

The awesome power of Appleseed held back the rains and parted the floodwaters at Burro Canyon last Saturday, for the third one-day Appleseed of the new year.   :bow:  Well, in all fairness, we still need all the rain we can get, but it sure was nice to have the "Calm after the Storm" last weekend.  Can't think of a more beautiful day to be on the line.

Just myself and pennys_dad this time, joined by eleven of California's finest.  We had a good mix of young bucks and more distinguished shooters this time around, making me wonder whether youth and strength would prevail over old age and treachery patriotism, but in the end both gave a good account of themselves...  Lots of nice iron on the line, too, from the noise of an M1A barking over the AR's, to a pair of sweet bolt-action rimfires, one modern and one vintage, Lyman sights and all. 

We could tell we had a serious bunch right off the bat, though.  Lots of groups, some nice, some VERY nice, even on the first square.  IMC instruction was easy because most of them only needed a few clicks worth of tweaking.  By lunchtime we were seeing 5 MOA groups... a couple of 4 MOA groups... even some 3's...   ..:..

After lunch and a rousing retelling of the Three Strikes, we dug back in, and quickly found that shooting well is a lot of work...  But despite the fatigue everything still kept dialing in.  Our final Redcoat of the day was a beauty, with five of our 11 shooters only a single round away from cleaning it.   O0  Y'all come back and shoot some more AQT's with me, and I'll soon be out of Rifleman patches!

Thanks to everyone for turning out.  Up next is the two-day Rimfire KD Extravaganza, and I'm really excited to see what we get this year.

So, how was your weekend?   :cool2:
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)