News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Blue Ridge Applseed, March 5-6, 2016

Started by CokeGuy, March 09, 2016, 12:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeGuy

We were blessed with perfect weather this past weekend and had a wonderful, though small, group of people (eight) on the line. Significant improvement in shot group size by everyone was observed during the course of the two days! Several people were very close to Rifleman score, but many equipment malfunctions seemed to be the order of the day....loose 10/22 barrel, many jams, and a number of misfires (mostly with Remington ammo). Anthony W. shot a 208, but I discovered at the end of the day that his rifle barrel was loose. One lesson learned: Take time to do an equipment check.  I plan to add this to future Tasking Documents. Scott  G. did well, but ammo jams interfered with the short timed stages. Jeff G. did very, very well, and I am sure he will shoot a Rifleman score at his next Appleseed! Fannin County sheriff, Dane Kirby, dropped by to wish us well and to apologize that he was not able to attend, like he had planned to,  because he needed to install "re-election" signs around the county. My heartfelt thanks to Senior Instructor Morpheus and to the Orange Hats who traveled to Blue Ridge to help with this event. Special thanks for Morpheus for sharing very emotional Patrick Henry background and speech. Hope to see all of you again soon.