News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Columbiana, AL March 5&6, 2016

Started by BluegrassColonel, March 08, 2016, 09:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluegrassColonel

There are people you meet for the first time that seem like old friends from the first handshake and new places visited that feel like home.  Both were the case this past weekend at Project Appleseed held at the Shelby County Sheriff Training Center in Columbiana, AL.  The overall feel of the weekend was relaxed and comfortable, but with an urgency to present our message.

The Instructor/AC cadre for the event was great: Tracey tlawley (also a Shelby County deputy and chef extraordinaire), his daughter Headshot Heather, Living Hand, Cadman & Alabama Patriot.  Each of them stepped up and contributed to conveying the urgency of the mission.

While we had just a few shooters, they were treated professionally and received individual attention.  Brothers Will and Zack, Red Hats, Terri Lynne M., Headshot Heather, and AC Alabama Patriot all participated.

The event opened with Rusty and the Instructor introductions, yours truly presenting the opening speech, and Living Hand presented a stirring First Strike.  Cadman & I presented the Safety Rules, Malfunctions & Safe Rifle and then it was off to the range for the Line Drill.

Cadman was Line Boss in the morning and we moved into the Red Coat targets with a 200 yard shooter, a 100 yard shooter and a Shingle shooter.  Promising results, indeed!

As the weather warmed up, so did the shooters.  They were attentive, had a teachable attitude and worked to apply what was being presented.  There were a few hiccups in the COF as this SBit attempted to walk in the steps of his mentors, but overall the day moved along smartly.

We broke for lunch and the amazing hospitality of the Shelby County Sheriff and Tracey.

Cadman presented the Second Strike with feeling and confidence.  I am glad he and his lovely wife (who watched the morning's events with us) are back in the US contributing to the mission!  Florida's gain will be the Tennessee Valley's loss!

The afternoon was very pleasant and we were able to complete most of the typical first day skills exercises and get in one AQT.  While no one scored Rifleman, the groups improved and everyone received individual instruction throughout the day.

We had one 400 yard shooter, one 100 yard shooter and a Shingle shot on the afternoon Red Coat.

I presented the Third Strike and was appreciative of the attention and nods while relaying the events of the afternoon of April 19, 1775 and stating how our Liberties must be protected.

With Rusty's Benediction, presentation of the youth patches and a group photo, we called it a day.

Saturday dawned crisp and sunny and the shooters returned (except for Terri Lynne M.) ready to dive in.  The Instructors reviewed the major points (Safety, SHF, NPOA & Six Steps) and we moved to the line.  We shot our first Red Coats and moved into some exercises with the Instructors serving as coaches for the individual shooters.

We had a participating visitor when Red Hat Tellico arrived with a shooting mat and rifle!  It was great to have him on the line and with us for lunch.

Before we broke for lunch the shooters posted AQT's and we went inside for Rusty's top-notch presentation of what the shooters would learn at a KD event.  After that, Living Hand, Cadman, Rusty and I presented some DOM stories.

In the afternoon we were back at the line and had 3 AQT's and 2 Rapid Fire AQT's.  The groups got better, but we missed having a new Rifleman by a narrow margin.  We did, however, have someone to step up to carry on the Mission!  Chad, Will and Zack's father, approached Rusty to volunteer as a member of AppleCore!  He received a blue hat and I predict he will accept an Orange Hat as soon as his schedule and circumstances allow.  He was very gracious in his comments regarding this event and prior events their family has attended.

The Sunday afternoon Red Coat resulted in one 300 yard shooter, two 200 yard shooters and a 100 yard shooter!

Rusty gave the Benediction and there were comments of appreciation from the shooters.

I cannot thank the Shelby County Sheriff's office and Tracey Lawley for their incredible hospitality and facilities!  I am honored to have served at this event as an SBit.  I learned a lot from Rusty, the Instructors and the shooters, that I will take with me as I proceed down the Shoot Boss trail!

In Liberty,
Greg Seneff, Sr.
Bluegrass Colonel
Instructor / SBit
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

Maximum Ordinate

A small, but passionate turn-out for the first event at Columbiana. 

Thank you to all the students & instructors who came out for a fun weekend!   :)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

cadman

It was a joy to be surrounded with men and women who have gotten off the couch to pursue liberty and assist others to do so.

Will and Zack, I look forward to meeting with you again in the near future.  A rifleman persists and I know with additional "perfect" practice you will both join our ranks to help others.  Please talk to your peers about Appleseed and bring some to another Appleseed when you have the opportunity.

The instruction went well and the heritage/responsibility was stimulating to say the least.  I appreciated the attitude of the shooters as they absorbed both and I appreciated the professionalism of my fellow instructors.

A big thank you to everyone.

SS

We had an awesome time this past weekend. Will and Zack have been discussing the sacrifices made by our forefathers and what it means to be an American citizen. These concepts were stressed this weekend at Appleseed by modern day patriots. On the drive home, Will said all of the instructors were great and that there is no better way to spend a weekend than shooting. We will all be back and we are all determined to earn the title "Rifleman".  We are looking at the schedule now to see when we can come back and work and shoot.  Thank you all for another great experience and I look forward to working with you all in reminding Americans what it means to be an American!
Chad

BluegrassColonel

Photos.
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.