News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD at wilmington?

Started by unforgiven1203, March 07, 2016, 07:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unforgiven1203

I am trying to choose between wilmington and Piqua shoots for april. I think the deciding factor will be the length of the rifle range (if we do kd on sunday) but I cant seem to find any mention of the size of the range.
I got my patch in 2008 but this will be my first shoot in a couple of years and the first ever for my 11 year old son.
Thanks , we are looking forward to attending. :---

Corvette

Unforgiven1203

At Wilmington, we usually spend Saturday on the pistol range and after lunch on Sunday, we break the line and those that want to shoot at distance move to the rifle range and we shoot out to 200 yds.  At Piqua it is the same except they only go out to 100 yds.  If you want to go further, consider our shoots at Marion where we go out to 400 or New Philidelphia where we go out to 300 typically. 

You and your son are welcome at any of our shoots and I hope to see you on the line this year.  We are working on a KD only shoot for mid summer that will be open only to Riflemen.  Keep an eye on the schedule for more details.  In any case, it will be great to see you again.

Corvette
Ohio SC
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cadence

I just have to put in this unabashed plug for the Gibsonburg range.  ;D

If you don't mind traveling a little further, please consider coming to a shoot in Gibsonburg - a full 500 yd range.  O0
Next shoot May 21 & 22.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

And one fine group of instructors.  O0

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cadence

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

unforgiven1203

I shot at Gibsonburg a few years back on Easter Sunday as I recall, nice place and a great group of people.  :---

unforgiven1203

got us registered for Wilmington, see you guys there. :--- :~

Corvette

That's great.  Your shootboss will be DGMilty and Longrifleman will be there too.  Both great guys, you will have a great shoot.

Corvette