News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Evansville shoots

Started by Racegun, March 02, 2016, 01:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racegun

I regularly attend shoots in Evansville.   Will there be any shoots down in our neck of the woods this year?

Janir

We are in the process of trying to get some shoots lined up at Evansville for 2016.
Keep an eye on our schedule for the events, or feel free to keep posting or email me at in@appleseedinfo.org .

Patrick "Janir"
IN State Coordinator
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Darkfoot

The shoots are on the Red Brush scheduled at redbrush.org. They haven't made it onto the Appleseed schedule for some reason.

Darkfoot

dond

Who set up the shoots? April is approaching quickly! These events need to be done and done well, which means they need to be staffed well and attended well.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Darkfoot

Sur+Rifle set them up, but has run into problems getting them posted.

dond

Have him send a message to Scuzzy and get them worked out quickly.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Darkfoot

The shoots are posted now.

Racegun

Thanks!  We are signed up!

Big John

The October shoot is listed on tips as sold out already. I kind of doubt it. Is it an error?

Guntuckian

At the NRA Annual Meeting in Louisville, we were signing shooters up as fast as we could using two laptops for KY, IN, and many other states.  We sold out all the KY shoots at Knob Creek for 2016, and nearly sold out Jackson, too.   (It subsequently now is sold out, too.)  We subsequently went to relays at Knob Creek, and are now nearly doubly sold-out.  But, I believe Evansville, IN was also sold out, too.  I don't think it is an error.  How about running relays?  :-)

-- Gary
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Big John

Eh, we can just get a bigger pistol bay. It IS Redbrush, after all.

I know a few more who would sign up, repeat people, if we could make it a bigger event.

Janir

Tell me how much bigger the other pistol bay can accommodate and I'll get the Eventbright changed to a higher count.

-Janir
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

NewRifleman78

I attended my first Appleseed this last weekend at Red Brush Rifle Range in Evansville (Newburgh), a KD event, and let me first say, what a top notch event.   Yes, it was hot.  Day one was miserable with no reprieve from the relentless sun.  Our staging area was under the canopy which was great, but the firing line was directly in the sun all day.  If the heat wasn't enough, everyone on the line was shooting AR15's, BLACK AR15's.  Most of us found our way through running rags between our support hand and handguard, and some with rags on the buffer tube to prevent 2nd degree burns to the face.  Day 2 was much more tolerable on the 500 yd range as we staged just behind the canopy and were able to fire from shade all day.  I managed to qualify rifleman on my first AQT at 25m scoring a 227, but fell short on the known distance AQT.  While at the event, BigJohn made mention that if there was enough interest, they might be able to expand registration for the October event by way of getting Red Brush to allow use of the larger pistol bay.  I am certainly interested in the October event, and have a couple friends that I've talked to about it who are interested in Appleseed as newcomers as well.  Please let me know if you can make this happen.
First Appleseed - July 23-24, 2016
Qualified Rifleman - July 24, 2016 , 227/250 on AQT, 25m
First KD - July 24, 2016, 35/50 on AQT

"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." ― John Adams