News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Battle Creek, MI March 5-6 2016

Started by Rascal21, March 02, 2016, 08:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal21

These events have got to be my favorites. International Appleseeds are the best :) I am a bit biased though.

The photos that I have are located here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.819374644839373.1073741884.240556109387899&type=1&l=3212dabcf6

While you are there looking at the photos, go ahead and give us a like, that way you can keep up with what we are doing and when we are coming back to the area.

Thank you all for spending your weekend with us!
Rascal21

Nimrod

^:)^ ^:)^qualified rifleman as winter seed the Battle Creek facilities are awesome Graywolf and crew did a fantastic job as always
Qualified Winterseed Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek
God Bless may your aim be true

Nimrod

:--- and it was also fun shooting a junior hats of the new qualified instructors congratulations
Qualified Winterseed Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek
God Bless may your aim be true

.50calgrl

Great weekend with great people! Thanks Rascal21 for organizing this again and to Graywolf, Three Dogs, Click, Waveman, Cornfed, Zazzles and Oz thank you for the instruction and the dedication to Appleseed. Well done to everyone who made Rifleman and to those who did not you will because a rifleman persists. Huzzah!
Qualified Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek Michigan (Winterseed: 216, 215, 218)
Qualified Mapleseed Rifleman Winterseed 226

Rickster66

Many thanks to the hardworking team that put this event together and in getting us squared away.  The weather was challenging to say the least and really tested our abilities to focus on the lessons and build fundamentals.  While we shivered and squirmed to try and stay warm, the hardworking crew never showed any signs that the elements affected them.  It was a great well organized event, thank you Rascal21.

Mapleseed - Bancroft, ON, Canada 25-26 Jul 2015 (217 Rifleman)
Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 5-6 Mar 2016(223 Winterseed)

IBC - Waco, Texas 14-15 Jan 2017

Graywolf

What a great weekend we had!  When I arrived on the range Saturday morning for set up things looked pretty dismal.  Six inches of snow on the ground with semi-frozen mud underneath, freezing rain in the forecast, and temps not expected to get above 35 degrees.  The rain came, then more snow.   But none of that mattered.  This is Appleseed at its best.  We had excited shooters, dedicated instructors, and the promise of Winterseed patches.

We had 7 shooters score rifleman - 6 of them on Saturday.  We also had 3 step up and take Orange hats and 1 step up and take a Blue Hat.  Those kind of results really make for a great shoot no matter what the weather.  As Shoot Boss, I could not have been happier.

I want to thank the instructors who came out for the event.  You folks are the reason for this success.  Your instruction was spot on and your work with each shooter personally clearly showed in the results.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

CornfedinOhio

Gray wolf has assembled a team of instructors second to none. In trying weather conditions, they smiled. Through a couple instructor changes, the instructors adapted. The instructor core is trained and coached by a true leader. The students experience never changed due to Gray Wolfs leadership. My hat is off to the Michigan instructors.
    The students attending this cold snowy Appleseed are some of the most outgoing and positive people I've ever met. This international group of shooters and now instructors inspire me to do better. If I could pick an "A" team for fending off redcoats, this would be the team I'd follow.
   Congratulations to all the winter seed riflemen.

Montreal Shooter

I would like to start by giving thanks to all...Graywolf and the rest of the team, Three Dogs, Click, Waveman, Cornfed, Zazzles, Oz and especially Rascal21 for their great training, hospitality and support.
It was a real pleasure and honor to achieve the long sought after winter patch (while the cold and dampness did make a major impact on my bones, I'm happy I got it done).
Thank you also to the organization for asking us to become instructors in training, this is truly another great honor and it is something I take very seriously.
This is a great organization that clearly understands what personal freedom is all about and the importance of passing that information onto as many people as possible.
This was a fantastic event and I'm pleased to have met so many wonderful folks!
To anyone reading, if you haven't been to an event, you do yourself a great disservice.
Go be outside and and enjoy the experience!
O0
Mapleseed - Bancroft, ON, Canada 25-26 Jul 2015
Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 5-6 Mar 2016(Rifleman Winterseed)

Redcoat72

Quote from: CornfedinOhio on March 11, 2016, 07:16:52 AM
If I could pick an "A" team for fending off redcoats, this would be the team I'd follow.

Hey!  Are you talking about me?  :(

Seriously, it was a great weekend.  Even getting the car stuck on the other side of the lake was a fun experience.  It gave me the opportunity to "Seven Step" the guy that helped us get to the range.  It must have been odd for him to have a Canadian tell him about Appleseed and some of the history of the Revolutionary War.

It is always great getting together with this group and it was awesome meeting some new people as well. Thanks to all the staff for putting on an excellent event in some pretty nasty conditions! I will certainly treasure my Winterseed patch.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value." - Thomas Paine

I am excited to see what we can do on this side of the border to develop our own program this year.  There is already a lot of interest building.

Hopefully we can make it to another event this year in the US as well.

Director & Instructor
Project Mapleseed

Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 21-22 Mar 2015
Mapleseed - Bancroft, ON, Canada 25-26 Jul 2015 (210 Rifleman)
Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 5-6 Mar 2016(238)
IBC - Waco, Texas 14-15 Jan 2017
IBC - Lansing, MI 25-26 Feb 2017

"When it shall be said in any country in the world my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want; the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, there may that country boast its Constitution and its Government"
― Thomas Paine, Rights of Man